• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

High 3 star WR William Nixon Will Announce Monday 8 July; Huskers Appear To Be School To Beat

“High 3- star”. How high we talking? Watt/watts/Betts level or more like a regular 3 star with Husker leanings?

:Stirthepot:

Good point 36. Hes been under William's for what, 2 years? Which is great, for what a few hours a week? Dad Nixon has been coaching his son since diapers (and probably even on Holidays). Reading his scouting report it says Nixon does all the little things right, which means he will more likely see the field sooner (coaches say the same thing about Cade Warner). Just sayi g Watts probably has more things he can learn than Nixon. It's all good man, no knock on either, would hope NU ends up with both. :Thumbsup:
If his dad was a High school coach I might agree with you. D1 coaches do not have a ton of time to spend with their own kids. 15+ hour days are the norm at that level.

For the star guys he slightly higher rated than Watts. Pretty much awash
Just for giggles I went out to 247 and compared Spielman and Nixon. At this point in time Nixon is just a smidgen higher rated 3 star than JD was. Of course Nixon still has a high school season left so his final rating could change.

Looking forward to good news from this young man on Monday.

Just for giggles I went out to 247 and compared Spielman and Nixon. At this point in time Nixon is just a smidgen higher rated 3 star than JD was. Of course Nixon still has a high school season left so his final rating could change.

Looking forward to good news from this young man on Monday.
I think we all would be satisfied with that comparison!

I think we all would be satisfied with that comparison!

:nod: oh, I think so.

You know, I laughed when Pelini made that statement "we make our own ratings..." But it really is true. To some extent, those star ratings are for the sportswriters and the fans. They are in essence a measure of how much publicity or attention a recruit is getting. It just gives a common language for all of us to use during the offseason doldrums...

Last edited:
“High 3- star”. How high we talking? Watt/watts/Betts level or more like a regular 3 star with Husker leanings?

:Stirthepot:
@N2FL. Care to provide a pros/cons list as you see it for Nixon v Watts? (Please include the obvious things at this point in time.)

:nod: oh, I think so.

You know, I laughed when Pelini made that statement "we make our own ratings..." But it really is true. To some extent, those star ratings are for the sportswriters and the fans. They are in essence a measure of how much publicity or attention a recruit is getting. It just gives a common language for all of us to use during the offseason doldrums...
Hugh Hefner said stars were just a distribution code.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back