• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

High 3 star WR William Nixon Will Announce Monday 8 July; Huskers Appear To Be School To Beat

Probably has less upside than Watts having been raised by a coach and all the learning he has received. (His dad was a D1 Power 5 receiver, as well)

How does he have less upside? Not sure I understand or agree with that.

If anything being a coaches kid I would argue he is the kind of kid coaches love. Which is not a knock on Watts who has a great work ethic etc and I could argue either kid would be a good get in that sense.

Yeah I know his dad played at WVU and Penn State back in the day

Also that dad wants him to play at another school so he can keep learning and get better.

How does he have less upside? Not sure I understand or agree with that.

If anything being a coaches kid I would argue he is the kind of kid coaches love. Which is not a knock on Watts who has a great work ethic etc and I could argue either kid would be a good get in that sense.

Yeah I know his dad played at WVU and Penn State back in the day

Also that dad wants him to play at another school so he can keep learning and get better.
Not a knock at all, just saying that Nixon has probably learned a bunch of little tricks/nuances/techniques and drilled them more as a coaches son. Watts hasn't had that advantage and probably has more things he can learn

Not a knock at all, just saying that Nixon has probably learned a bunch of little tricks/nuances/techniques and drilled them more as a coaches son. Watts hasn't had that advantage and probably has more things he can learn

Fair enough

Hes working under the watchful eye of Keith William's, isnt he? I'd say he is learning more about wideout play than most kids his age.

Good point 36. Hes been under William's for what, 2 years? Which is great, for what a few hours a week? Dad Nixon has been coaching his son since diapers (and probably even on Holidays). Reading his scouting report it says Nixon does all the little things right, which means he will more likely see the field sooner (coaches say the same thing about Cade Warner). Just sayi g Watts probably has more things he can learn than Nixon. It's all good man, no knock on either, would hope NU ends up with both. :Thumbsup:

Last edited:

Man this kid can fly. He knows exactly what to do with that ball when he gets it. Runs with a low center of gravity in traffic, too. He only lacks size...but he’d be playing for an OC who did, too.

Not a razzle dazzle guy. A one cut and off to the races side.

Yup OC was that kind of dude at Stanford

Dad being a former player and now coach has made sure he gets the intangibles and being a coaches kid should be one who will learn etc etc

@Boji Husker

Agreed. I guess my point is...hes been getting coached up by a great teacher, so hes not completely raw, and upside has more to do with God given athletic ability as it is assumed that all players will be coached up to reach their full potential at the next level. Just not sure how you can say he has less upside, unless you know for sure he is less gifted than Watts.

But I get where you were coming from with regard to him being the son of a former player.

Last edited:
Probably has less upside than Watts having been raised by a coach and all the learning he has received. (His dad was a D1 Power 5 receiver, as well)
I think it’s the other way around, and he’s better than his tape shows. If he had a QB with any kind of zip on the ball, this guy would have been hit in stride on quite a few of his catches and been off the races. 5-10 times on his highlight tape he has to come back for the ball or flat out stop and wait.

Last edited:
looks mighty good. will just get better and better. what level is he competing against

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back