• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Have the Blackshirts ever been rehanded out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess some fans just aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. Doesn't matter what, just something.

I've tried reading your post many ways yet it keeps coming out as you complaining about complaining...weird:Biggrin:

The black shirts were handed out...to the guys who've been playing the stoutest defense all season....the Bolievers..all eleven of them

Are you trying to contend that our coaching staff did NOT do a good job of teaching the defense this season? Really?

If you can honestly watch the tapes or look at the stats from games 1-4 and games 8-12 and cannot see MAJOR improvement in a very young defense, I don't know what you think you are looking for as evidence.

Mark this post down as another HWM-failure.

Seems to me there are two ways to learn a job. You can either be taught in the preseason before you are put out there or you can be thrown out there and learn by on-the-job training. It appears that our defensive improvement was due to on-the-job training (trial and error) instead of actual preseason instruction.

It's a good thing Gregory didn't go pro. Can you imagine meeting up with David or Suh and having to hear, "Hey, where's your blackshirt?" Bo would probably end up fedexing him one. :lol:

Last edited:
I guess some fans just aren't happy unless they are complaining about something. Doesn't matter what, just something.

C'mon Thill. You can't tell me you see nothing wrong in how Pelini has managed the blackshirts? Goodnterribles does, and he still mounts a stout defense of Bo.

When you become a one note Johnny in defense of Pelini you become just like the one note Johnnys who attack him.

Code:
Seems to me there are two ways to learn a job. You can either be taught in the preseason before you are put out there or you can be thrown out there and learn by on-the-job training. It appears that our defensive improvement was due to on-the-job training (trial and error) instead of actual preseason instruction.

Your contention is apparently that all "teaching" is done by September? Really? So, you attribute the improvement from game 1 to game 12 by our defense to the players 'figuring it out on their own', I assume?

Last edited:

No kidding.. I really doubt that Bo can develop players.

Code:

Your contention is apparently that all "teaching" is done by September? Really? So, you attribute the improvement from game 1 to game 12 by our defense to the players 'figuring it out on their own', I assume?

No, my contention is that there wasn’t any teaching done by September. If you don’t feel that way go back and watch a replay of the Wyo. game.

I wouldn't even say Bo has earned the privilege to make the decision rather to hand out the jerseys or not himself.

When I say Bo has screwed up the blackshirt tradition it doesn't mean I don't think he can coach defense. I think he has done a tremendous job with the defense this year. He just doesn't get the blackshirts. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back