• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Hannon is 'N'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actually I think he is quite thoughtful....he is struggling with a decision he wants to get right before he makes a 4 year commitment to a school that he can honor and I admire that....it tells me something (good) about his character....I don't see what you do I guess....

Sorry I don't like showing my winky. But this young man does seem to be all over the board.

Sure he is struggling and I believe is a great kid. But that doesn't mean he hasn't been all over the board on this. Do you really think this is over no matter what his choice is on the 8th....or the 15th....or the 22nd or whenever that next date is that he is ready to announce? You know better than me so this is a serious question.

I have to wonder if this change of date on announcement is connected to the Papuchis tweet, since we've haven't heard any breaking news.

Last edited:
If he was willing to flop from one to the other, wouldn't he have committed by now? Why hold off if you're not serious about it.

I'm holding out hope. Said it once, I'll say it again: I want another Rockhurst fella in Red.

Yup....

If he was willing to flop from one to the other, wouldn't he have committed by now? Why hold off if you're not serious about it.

I'm holding out hope. Said it once, I'll say it again: I want another Rockhurst fella in Red.

Yes I do....he is handling it the right way....

Sure he is struggling and I believe is a great kid. But that doesn't mean he hasn't been all over the board on this. Do you really think this is over no matter what his choice is on the 8th....or the 15th....or the 22nd or whenever that next date is that he is ready to announce? You know better than me so this is a serious question.

I have to wonder if this change of date on announcement is connected to the Papuchis tweet, since we've haven't heard any breaking news.

I have to hope that it's those two or a big DT prospect on the horizon.

Will announce on Wednesday 8 August....as of today still undecided....

Last edited:
I just don't understand why you set a commitment date if you are undecided....why not wait and come to a decision and then set a time? Unless he is just keeping it mysterious.

I just don't understand why you set a commitment date if you are undecided....why not wait and come to a decision and then set a time? Unless he is just keeping it mysterious.

He may simply not be rational. Which is OK. He's making a big decision for him and he probably doesn't have lots of experience doing so.

Here's a scenario: He's a good kid. He feels like he shouldn't mess with people. But he really can't decide. He feels pressure, maybe from his parents, maybe from his coach, to set a date and then decide by then. Maybe they didn't even think he would announce that date - it would just be an internal deadline. But he still can't decide. So he keeps getting calls and texts from recruiting gurus asking him what he's going to do. So finally he blurts out to one of them, "I'll decide by the 8th!"

All of a sudden it looks like the kid has some kind of plan, when the reality is different. And perfectly natural for any 17 year old.

I kind of think this whole recruiting business is nuts. Maybe I'm off base in my speculation. But it could be right. Who am I to say publicly I think the kid is "playing" anybody? Or that he likes attention to much?

He may simply not be rational. Which is OK. He's making a big decision for him and he probably doesn't have lots of experience doing so.

Here's a scenario: He's a good kid. He feels like he shouldn't mess with people. But he really can't decide. He feels pressure, maybe from his parents, maybe from his coach, to set a date and then decide by then. Maybe they didn't even think he would announce that date - it would just be an internal deadline. But he still can't decide. So he keeps getting calls and texts from recruiting gurus asking him what he's going to do. So finally he blurts out to one of them, "I'll decide by the 8th!"

All of a sudden it looks like the kid has some kind of plan, when the reality is different. And perfectly natural for any 17 year old.

I kind of think this whole recruiting business is nuts. Maybe I'm off base in my speculation. But it could be right. Who am I to say publicly I think the kid is "playing" anybody? Or that he likes attention to much?

Good scenario but it is not the reality with this situation....he wants to make a decision before his senior season which he has been saying all along. But if you don't know, why just decide because there is a tentative date you set for yourself, especially if you're not sure. Also, there is speculation I believe directly from his twitter that he will be taking all 5 of his officials after he commits....

If that's the case I don't even care who he chooses on Wednesday, because I would almost guarantee him flipping. Especially if he feels pressure to make an announcement when he's not ready....

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back