• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Hannon is 'N'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Reign

Husker Immortal
15 Year Member
Brand new article (free content) on Scout....never went to Wisconsin....and dropped in on Northwestern instead....the last sentence in the highlights favors us....and remember he nearly committed when he was here....sounds like he is tired of the process and ready to have it done....hopefully former teammate Michael Rose is in his ear everyday....:nod::)

Highlights:

“I am just driving back from Chicago right now,†Hannon said. “We were actually doing a couple of things. I went to Northwestern on Friday and I had a camp for the Semper Fidelis All-American game. I am trying to get into that game.â€

“It was great. I was glad I went up there. I was planning on going to Wisconsin originally, but the offensive line coach had a schedule conflict with ours. Northwestern has one of the nicest campuses I have ever seen.

“It might be some poor planning on my part, but I am not sure if I am going to trim my list and tell schools or not. I just don’t know. I don’t know how I am going to do it. The decision would probably be sometime in mid-July. The latest that I will go will be right before the season starts.â€

There are a few key things for Hannon when it comes to making a decision and the first is academics. After that Hannon says that there are a few other things that he’s looking for but really it has to be the complete package for him.

“Academics are first, always. I am looking for a program on the rise, the tradition of the school, the coaches, the feel of the campus in general and it just has to be all-in-one.â€

Much more here:

http://nebraska.scout.com/2/1199491.html

Last edited:

Hey Zac

Make the right decision and you can trade that yellow shirt on your scout pic for a RED one! Good luck to you on your choice!!!! :Biggrin:

Okay, but why did he bother visiting Northwestern then?

Summer traveling seems to be wrapping up for Kansas City (Mo.) Rockhurst offensive tackle Zach Hannon. Hannon was in Nebraska a couple of weeks ago for Big Red Weekend and now he’s returning from an unofficial visit from another Big Ten team.
“I am just driving back from Chicago right now,†Hannon said. “We were actually doing a couple of things. I went to Northwestern on Friday and I had a camp for the Semper Fidelis All-American game. I am trying to get into that game.â€

Hannon says that there were camps all around the country for the game and that he thought that he performed well. He has heard that notifications to the players that made the game could start as early as in the next couple of weeks.

“I thought that the camp went good. They do camps all around the country and they are going to make their final decision in the next couple of weeks. The players that get nominated should get their notifications soon. I think that I did pretty good.â€

The trip to Northwestern wasn’t one that was necessarily planned as much as just happened, but it worked out in a great way. Hannon was impressed with what Northwestern had to offer while he was on campus.

“It was great. I was glad I went up there. I was planning on going to Wisconsin originally, but the offensive line coach had a schedule conflict with ours. Northwestern has one of the nicest campuses I have ever seen.

“It was really placement. It’s 10 miles away from downtown Chicago, it’s right on Lake Michigan and they are going to be moving their facilities right next to the shoreline.â€

The trip to Chicago sounds like it’s it for Hannon because football starts back up in a week. He believes that he’s done the best that he could seeing

They are not in the picture...the three favorites are Nebraska, Missouri and Arkansas....

Because as the article said he was in Chicago for a camp to get an invite to the Semper Fidelis Bowl (as the article pointed out).....and the Wisconsin trip fell through....so he had the time on Friday which was supposed to be for the Wisconsin visit....simple as that....nothing to it....

“I am just driving back from Chicago right now,” Hannon said. “We were actually doing a couple of things. I went to Northwestern on Friday and I had a camp for the Semper Fidelis All-American game. I am trying to get into that game.”

There is nothing here...Northwestern is not a player.....

The favorites as I said are Nebraska, Arkansas and Mizzou....his folks are Mizzou Grads...it doesn't seem to have been a huge plus for Mizzou that they did go their....and Arkansas has a one year interim coach and I think that has not helped them in the recruiting game....honestly I would think its between Nebraska and Mizzou and based on his near commit at BRW we have to be the favorite at this point....but I guess we will see....if Northwestern ends up in this I will be shocked beyond shocked....

FWIW Arkansas's recruiting has been underwhelming thus far because of the one year interm coach 'thingy' that John L Sullivan is dealing with.....9 recruits....7 3-stars and 2 no-stars...

Bottom line is it was not a planned visit and happened to work out due to the Wisconsin conflict and his camping on the weekend trying to get an invite to the Semper Fidelis Bowl...nothing more and nothing less....

Okay, but why did he bother visiting Northwestern then?

Last edited:

As SB pointed out in another thread Zach is a 'heavy' Nebraska lean....

Last edited:
Hannon is down to Nebraska and Arkansas and its anyone guess which way this will go....depends on which side of the bed he gets up I guess....:)

Frankly with an iterm-coach (John L Smith at Arkansas) I'm not sure why any kid would want to commit to a program not knowing who the coach my be when he shows up in 2013...and the Hogs do not have a really great class at this point....

Our staff has busted their butt on this one....hopefully Mike Rose is still in his ear...

You would think that would favor us....guess we will see....but nothing surprises me anymore...

Im not sure anybody has a read on this kid because I have been told he has nearly committed on every trip he has been too. My opinion is he is Arky, but would love to be wrong. OL Christian Morris is going to decide sometime this month and its down to UCLA and us. Would love both, not surprised if we get neither.

Im not sure anybody has a read on this kid because I have been told he has nearly committed on every trip he has been too. My opinion is he is Arky, but would love to be wrong. OL Christian Morris is going to decide sometime this month and its down to UCLA and us. Would love both, not surprised if we get neither.

IMPO Nebraska has a better shot at Zach Hannon than they do Christian Morris. Personally, I like Morris more.

Agree....I think we have worked Morris hard....which is the only reason we are still in it....TN kid...and Coach Joesph has done a masterful job to extend as long as he has....

I agree though on the better shot...but even with that I'm not as sold on Hannon as I was based on the information I passed on to you and a few others....

IMPO Nebraska has a better shot at Zach Hannon than they do Christian Morris. Personally, I like Morris more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back