• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Hannon is 'N'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hannon is down to Nebraska and Arkansas and its anyone guess which way this will go....depends on which side of the bed he gets up I guess....:)

Frankly with an iterm-coach (John L Smith at Arkansas) I'm not sure why any kid would want to commit to a program not knowing who the coach my be when he shows up in 2013...and the Hogs do not have a really great class at this point....

Our staff has busted their butt on this one....hopefully Mike Rose is still in his ear...

You would think that would favor us....guess we will see....but nothing surprises me anymore...

We have Rose but they have a similar pull apparently in that Boyd kid. They've said for awhile that they'd like to go to school together and he holds an Arkansas offer.

Also as an OL....it'd be a bit easier to commit to Kleinakis and Paul Petrino than our staff.

But I agree...the interim should scare him off.

One thing different in Morris's recruitment versus Hannon's is that Morris hasn't visited here. If he visits in the fall, we could swing him. Hannon has been both places multiple times. I'd think it'd be tougher to swing him unless there is a coaching change. Morris has stated that even though he is committing this month, he'd like to take a couple of visits in the fall too.

The chances of John L Sullivan getting this gig are pretty slim....he was set to be 1AA Weber State's coach....when this gig opened up....and more than likely very few if any of thse guys will be retained unless they hire from within....which they already had the chance to do and didn't...which is tell-tale....18 year old kids don't always see ti that way though....until its too late...

Guess we will see....

Paul Petrino doesn't have a sterling resume himself (i.e. Illinois)...but that is another story....

Hopefully this kids parents will get through to him....and explain the situation at both schools....

But SB is right he has nearly committed at every school he has visited...so perhaps once he sits and mulls over it he will realize we are his best option....

We have Rose but they have a similar pull apparently in that Boyd kid. They've said for awhile that they'd like to go to school together and he holds an Arkansas offer.

Also as an OL....it'd be a bit easier to commit to Kleinakis and Paul Petrino than our staff.

But I agree...the interim should scare him off.

Agreed, kinda like Tevin Mitchell. How is that working out for him at this point??? It is what it is. We shall see.....

Lost a great QB in Ryan Mallet and like Petrino or not a very good coach....

8-9 wins at best this year...

Mallett was two years ago.

Tyler Wilson is/was very good and he returns

And they get Knile Davis back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back