• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Hannon is 'N'

Status
Not open for further replies.
They'll still be solid. And the point was...his decision didn't exactly backfire on him.

Agreed. Simply because his recruitment was unsavory to say the least and he wound up snubbing us, doesn't mean his career is floundering. I was pretty impressed by his play last year.

They'll still be solid. And the point was...his decision didn't exactly backfire on him.

Same time, same place, next year, lets have this same conversation, and then see if your still feeling froggy about it!!!! Time will tell.

Agreed. Simply because his recruitment was unsavory to say the least and he wound up snubbing us, doesn't mean his career is floundering. I was pretty impressed by his play last year.

Not a dang thing floundering about his career, but everything around him about the school he has attended has seriously floundered. Just saying. The kid may continue to do well, and I hope he does, but I am not naive to the fact there is alot going on with the school he is attending...

This whole deal reminds a bit of Vincent Valentine last year....was thinking about that today....we ended up with him in the end after a a few moments that had us scratching our heads....much like Hannon....I still think this is 50-50....and he could end up in Arky...but I hope in the end he realizes what a mess it is down their right now with the whole coaching situation if big time flux....

I have gone over to all of the Arky message boards and there is no talk about him at all....go figure...

Should know in a few days....

Per Scout and Rivals, Zach will be in Arkansas next week. Some people thought he was going to commit to NU this weekend. To be honest, I see him being a Hawg. Not sure why he would choose that, but we shall see. FWIW a Rivals article back in June mentions that Zach wants to "visit the lucky school soon and tell the coach in person." We shall see! The joys of recruiting!!!

IMPO Nebraska waiting on a Zach Hannon decision is a lot less stressful than waiting to see if you hit on guys like Terrell Newby, Pierre Cormier, Torii Hunter, Shelby Christy and a few other offensive skill position players.

I like Hannon, but he is far from the #1 target on their OL board IMO. Nebraska has made the short list with several top OL recruits. Guys like Kenny Lacy, Scott Quessenberry, Kenneth Santa Marina, Sean Harlow, Christian Morris (still) and JD Hinnant are either clearly better (Lacy, Santa Marina, Quessenberry), IMPO better (Harlow, Morris) or equally as talented (Hinnant).

IMPO Nebraska waiting on a Zach Hannon decision is a lot less stressful than waiting to see if you hit on guys like Terrell Newby, Pierre Cormier, Torii Hunter, Shelby Christy and a few other offensive skill position players.

I like Hannon, but he is far from the #1 target on their OL board IMO. Nebraska has made the short list with several top OL recruits. Guys like Kenny Lacy, Scott Quessenberry, Kenneth Santa Marina, Sean Harlow, Christian Morris (still) and JD Hinnant are either clearly better (Lacy, Santa Marina, Quessenberry), IMPO better (Harlow, Morris) or equally as talented (Hinnant).

Thanks for the perspective. It's easy to get caught up in the moment.

Per Scout and Rivals, Zach will be in Arkansas next week. Some people thought he was going to commit to NU this weekend. To be honest, I see him being a Hawg. Not sure why he would choose that, but we shall see. FWIW a Rivals article back in June mentions that Zach wants to "visit the lucky school soon and tell the coach in person." We shall see! The joys of recruiting!!!

We're a shoe-in, Marlon just left a few years ago.

http://www.arkansassports360.com/84835/otis-kirk-razorbacks-hope-summer-recruiting-heats-up

“Jamone and I want to go to the same school,” Hannon said. “We had a great visit to Arkansas and we will likely announce our commitment at the same time to the same school.”

Hannon said he almost committed to Nebraska recently while on an unofficial visit there, but said he couldn't do it because he likes Arkansas.

This train is long gone! Does Boyd even have an offer from NU? That would be nail in coffin if not! Not pessimistic but trying to be realistic. GBR

http://www.arkansassports360.com/84835/otis-kirk-razorbacks-hope-summer-recruiting-heats-up

“Jamone and I want to go to the same school,” Hannon said. “We had a great visit to Arkansas and we will likely announce our commitment at the same time to the same school.”

Hannon said he almost committed to Nebraska recently while on an unofficial visit there, but said he couldn't do it because he likes Arkansas.

This train is long gone! Does Boyd even have an offer from NU? That would be nail in coffin if not! Not pessimistic but trying to be realistic. GBR

Thanks for the info. Kinda saw this coming. I really like our chances with Harlow. We will be fine. It will be interesting if Hannon stays committed to whomever he chooses. Feb. is a looooonnnnnng ways away. I wish him luck.

No Husker offer although I personally feel he is well worth one. He is a better prospect than Hannon is IMPO.

I just heard from a Mizzou alum I work with that Zack will be visiting MU tomorrow with the recruit they have from Lee Summit West and one other recruit.

I just heard from a Mizzou alum I work with that Zack will be visiting MU tomorrow with the recruit they have from Lee Summit West and one other recruit.

I wouldn't be surprised by this....his recruitment is far from over no matter when he commits. And I hate how he called out that "message boards are saying he's not going to Nebraska and they are still in it". I think he's playing the game a little bit and likes the attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back