• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Getting better

Adrian in my opinion the last two weeks has reminded me of his Frosh year

41 for 50 over 400 passing yards

Running the ball well and even better making good decisions

D gets better as the season has gone on

Like you said I will take -2 yards rushing and 330 yards passing for a 10 point victory

Oh and having Mills back was big
I think this is the biggest factor.

the defense played really well. I'll take giving 330 passing and -2 rushing every week.

Martinez was solid. I like getting Wandale his touches as a receiver. I think Mccaffrey is too good a player to not be a factor so hopefully the carve put a non-qb role for him in the off-season.

There is an opportunity to build positive momentum heading into the off-season....it is not possible to underestimate how important that is. They must build on this next week. Hopefully they get the opportunity.
yes its time to just get Luke on the field as a slot reciever , running back, His future at the next level will be as an athlete kinda like tashun Hill... i think Luke can get open deep down field just as good as any reciever on the roster now, we need to put all our best athletes and speed out there, Austin Allen is quietly turning into a very good TE for us too, field goal kicking is night and day from where it was last year....

I'll also add that Martinez has completed 70.8% for the season, and that includes his shaky 44.4% performance against Northwestern. He hasn't had a ton of big plays in the passing game, but he's distributing the ball well and on target.

Great work, #2!

Definitely been happy with his play the last two games. He still has room for improvement though. While not an easy throw, if he could have hit Rahmir on that pass late in the game. He starts making more of those types of throws he's gonna be dangerous. I'm really pulling for that kid!
Yes Sir on all

Mills lost that 26 yard run too because of the penalty to boot

He had that really good run on the last FG drive that was called back too. Kid is running hard and if we can get him cranked up that will really really help the O.

always good to get a W... & DONU was resilient - that long 4th Quarter FG drive / response was awesome.

The pre-halftime eye twitch inducing insane play calling aside... enjoyed this one, an inspired and determined bunch out there giving it their all :thumbsup: ... agree the team is improving.

I didn't like the play calling at their own 10 on the second to last drive. But the play calling on the last drive I had zero issue with. Don't get the punt blocked and nobody is talking about it.

Are you saying that recognizing the positive aspects of both wins and losses is somehow inconsistent?

Regardless, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. This wasn't a perfect game, and there are still things that need to improve. We're not good enough to overcome some mistakes, but we definitely showed resilience in the face of some adversity today.

I'd add, learning to win while making a bunch of mistakes maybe let's these kids realize they don't need to be perfect, thereby loosening them up! This could have an added benefit of maybe leading to fewer mistakes.

yes its time to just get Luke on the field as a slot reciever , running back, His future at the next level will be as an athlete kinda like tashun Hill... i think Luke can get open deep down field just as good as any reciever on the roster now, we need to put all our best athletes and speed out there, Austin Allen is quietly turning into a very good TE for us too, field goal kicking is night and day from where it was last year....

Agree, wish Luke was on the field more. Probably has more to do with the depth behind AM and LM, trying to protect him a bit in case AM is injured? That's my guess. Shouldn't have that problem next year.

I'll also add that Martinez has completed 70.8% for the season, and that includes his shaky 44.4% performance against Northwestern. He hasn't had a ton of big plays in the passing game, but he's distributing the ball well and on target.

Great work, #2!

It makes a huge difference when the line gives him some time to go through his progressions. Last year and earlier this year both QB's had no time and did nothing but scramble for their lives. If they can give him protection consistently he'll be able to pick teams apart.

I'm sure Luke wants to play QB, but like you said his future is in the NFL. He could easily be a Cooper Kupp type receiver. I would think he would want to make that move. Imagine him, Wandale, and Betts as our starting wideouts. Bring Luke in motion like they do Warner; that's a move that will make the defense think.

I didn't like the play calling at their own 10 on the second to last drive. But the play calling on the last drive I had zero issue with. Don't get the punt blocked and nobody is talking about it.
agree on the second to last series.

First half after a HUGE stop, at our own 30ish.. after the first incompletion, run something to keep the clock moving 0:40 remaining, & go into the half having stuffed & deflated them - up three scores (+ DONU receives the second half kickoff).

instead, punt block, big return, etc...give them hope. Risk >> Reward :Sign2cents:

agree on the second to last series.

First half after a HUGE stop, at our own 30ish.. after the first incompletion, run something to keep the clock moving 0:40 remaining, & go into the half having stuffed & deflated them - up three scores (+ DONU receives the second half kickoff).

instead, punt block, big return, etc...give them hope. Risk >> Reward :Sign2cents:
They'd probably like a do-over there, but they were trying to stay aggressive. Isn't that what we've wanted to see? Plus, what are the odds of a punt being blocked? We hadn't had one blocked all season.

Then again, we actually had an opponent called for holding today, so anything was possible.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back