• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Getting better

Our stunt blitzes have worked to a degree, where we hurry the qb, and make them throw early, for much less yardage than they;d like.
At least were dictating at times what our opponents caan do, if theyre good enough. This alone can create a game within a game, keep their protections guessing.
We need a little more creativity and guys sound enough to pull it off, but having that top end rush guy wouldnt hurt.

It would make a world of difference if we could get pressure without an all out blitz but right now we can't so at least we're trying different things to make something happen.

I’m just basking in the glow of this positive thread. That is all, GBR, carry on.
Delightfully surprised and the "best fans in college football" who were known to be good and kind from the goodlife state. Those fans who gave UCF a standing ovation at the half in Nebraska. The "kind and positive to the kids " and they are really just kids who probably read our posts.

I don't think it was a mistake to play him. Martinez was atrocious against NW (a game we win with even average QB play, IMO). IL wasn't all McCaffrey's fault, either.

I'm really happy about Martinez's play yesterday (excepting the 4th quarter slide play)
Right. He needed to hit the bench. The mistake was not inserting Martinez at the start of the second half of the Illinois game when it was obvious McCaffrey wasn’t going to produce. That was a head scratcher.

Right now the one thing this defense lacks is a pass rush threat like RG4. There doesn't appear to be anyone on this roster that fits that mold...hopefully they can find someone on the recruiting trail. I'm not a fan of JUCOs but maybe they can find one there. I think that's what is needed most to take the defense to the next level.
Graham, Gunnerson, Butler, and Payne are guys to keep an eye on in the future. Need one or two of them to develop into pass rushers. These guys are young but they have the right body type and project well.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back