• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Getting better

huskrthill

Leading horses to water since 2009
10 Year Member
Nebraska's defense held Purdue to -2 yards rushing. Again, that's NEGATIVE TWO YARDS RUSHING. Outstanding.

Connor Culp drilled a 49 yard field goal, and he is now 12 of 13 on the season. This is just one year after Nebraska struggled to kick PATs.

Adrian Martinez had a great game, going 23-30 for 242 yards. He has completed 82% of his passes the last two games. While the touchdown passes haven't really been showing up, it's notable that Martinez has thrown only ONE interception this season in 96 attempts.

This was a better win than people might acknowledge. This board felt that the likelihood of winning another game this season was pretty low, but Nebraska stepped up and mostly controlled this game throughout. It wasn't perfect, but sporting contests rarely are. Great job, Huskers!

Cut the penalties even in half (which is probably still high for most teams) and we win that game by 20+. No TO's is huge but a blocked punt is a disaster.

AM needs to take a few more shots downfield IMO, but we played pretty well overall. Purdue got lucky on that long TD, at best that should have been a 30 yard gain. More likely it's broken up or INT. Two guys in pretty good position.

In the end, we've found ways to lose these games under Frost. Winning and winning by 10 is big.

Nebraska's defense held Purdue to -2 yards rushing. Again, that's NEGATIVE TWO YARDS RUSHING. Outstanding.

Connor Culp drilled a 49 yard field goal, and he is now 12 of 13 on the season. This is just one year after Nebraska struggled to kick PATs.

Adrian Martinez had a great game, going 23-30 for 242 yards. He has completed 82% of his passes the last two games. While the touchdown passes haven't really been showing up, it's notable that Martinez has thrown only ONE interception this season in 96 attempts.

This was a better win than people might acknowledge. This board felt that the likelihood of winning another game this season was pretty low, but Nebraska stepped up and mostly controlled this game throughout. It wasn't perfect, but sporting contests rarely are. Great job, Huskers!
the defense played really well. I'll take giving 330 passing and -2 rushing every week.

Martinez was solid. I like getting Wandale his touches as a receiver. I think Mccaffrey is too good a player to not be a factor so hopefully the carve put a non-qb role for him in the off-season.

There is an opportunity to build positive momentum heading into the off-season....it is not possible to underestimate how important that is. They must build on this next week. Hopefully they get the opportunity.

I'll also add that Martinez has completed 70.8% for the season, and that includes his shaky 44.4% performance against Northwestern. He hasn't had a ton of big plays in the passing game, but he's distributing the ball well and on target.

Great work, #2!

the defense played really well. I'll take giving 330 passing and -2 rushing every week.

Martinez was solid. I like getting Wandale his touches as a receiver. I think Mccaffrey is too good a player to not be a factor so hopefully the carve put a non-qb role for him in the off-season.

There is an opportunity to build positive momentum heading into the off-season....it is not possible to underestimate how important that is. They must build on this next week. Hopefully they get the opportunity.
Agree with all of this, especially the comment about giving up 300+ passing and -2 rushing. You give yourself a good chance to win any time you can make a team that one dimensional.

Adrian in my opinion the last two weeks has reminded me of his Frosh year

41 for 50 over 400 passing yards

Running the ball well and even better making good decisions

D gets better as the season has gone on

Like you said I will take -2 yards rushing and 330 yards passing for a 10 point victory

Oh and having Mills back was big

I’m fairly encouraged. Completely different team than 2 weeks ago, IMO.
That game against Illinois was just a mess. I wonder if playing McCaffrey was a mistake? He can provide a spark, but he didn't look good in that game at all. The turnovers put us in some bad spots, and things snowballed. But it's in the past, and we need to keep pressing forward. The players all seem to be more focused for the most part the last couple games.

The Bigs got many teams that can show up and make it tough, no matter who they play.
Purdue tried doing that, we put the game away with the last fg, and basically stuffed them.

A solid win

Even though he only had 60 yards rushing, having Mills available allows Robinson to make plays in the passing game. Robinson had only 2 rushing attempts, but had 9 catches for 114 yards. I loved the way they used him, and I have to think he was happy to play his more natural position.

Yes Sir on all

Mills lost that 26 yard run too because of the penalty to boot

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back