• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Getting better

He looked pretty decent throughout.

I'll tell you, RR, it's going to be interesting to see which seniors stick around for next season. I think Mills is one I'd like to stay.

I agree it is going to be interesting

I think Mills could help his draft status if he does then again there is the old adage a RB only has so many carries in him. I hope he stays too

This felt like the best overall game and win since Scott has been here. Take advantage of the opportunities you are presented, over come some adversity and close it out with a great defensive stand. This one felt like we turned the corner that Scott has talked about. It's only 1 win, but you can't get to two without the first one.

If we able to play (barring covid issues w/Minny) and win next week's game as well as the extra game the following week and end the year at .500 - do y'all think that would potentially give Scott through 2022 or will it still be make or break in 2021? Personally, I would like us to finish at .500 so it does take the pressure off the hot seat a bit for next year.

always good to get a W... & DONU was resilient - that long 4th Quarter FG drive / response was awesome.

The pre-halftime eye twitch inducing insane play calling aside... enjoyed this one, an inspired and determined bunch out there giving it their all :thumbsup: ... agree the team is improving.

A win is always better than a loss, and should be celebrated for sure, even if its purdue. :thumbsup:

But I'd say if some are going to rag on others for complaining and highlighting negatives after bad loss, its probably a good thing for them to slow down with the sunshine and rainbows here.

Its the big ten though. All wins are great wins.

A win is always better than a loss, and should be celebrated for sure, even if its purdue. :thumbsup:

But I'd say if some are going to rag on others for complaining and highlighting negatives after bad loss, its probably a good thing for them to slow down with the sunshine and rainbows here.

Its the big ten though. All wins are great wins.
Are you saying that recognizing the positive aspects of both wins and losses is somehow inconsistent?

Regardless, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. This wasn't a perfect game, and there are still things that need to improve. We're not good enough to overcome some mistakes, but we definitely showed resilience in the face of some adversity today.

I also hope that Mills comes back for another year.

This is a young team that, notwithstanding the Illinois debacle, seems to be getting better. With the experience they are getting, we could start to see more consistent quality football. We have some good senior contributors but not any likely high draft picks, so I would hope that most of our seniors come back.

Last edited:
I also hope that Mills comes back for another year.

This is a young team that, notwithstanding the Illinois debacle, seems to be getting better. With the experience they are getting, we could start to see more consistent quality football. We have some good senior contributors but not any likely high draft picks, so I would hope that most of our seniors come back.
I think it's possible that some attrition would be for the best for both player and program. That's not bashing anyone in particular, but it's unlikely the NCAA will do anyone a favor with total scholarship numbers. Roster management over the next few years might get tricky.

Are you saying that recognizing the positive aspects of both wins and losses is somehow inconsistent?

Regardless, it's not all sunshine and rainbows. This wasn't a perfect game, and there are still things that need to improve. We're not good enough to overcome some mistakes, but we definitely showed resilience in the face of some adversity today.
You know exactly what im saying.

But it doesnt matter. Im vibing with your second paragraph.

Having a more powerful runner makes a big difference in the offense. Would love to eventually have at least a couple every year that are true every down backs who are comfortable in the offense.

With Betts coming along, it gives you two dynamic athletes on the field at receiver. It struck me on the play where he made the mistake on his route and the PI was called. Seeing him and Wandale running side by side was nice. If we can get a couple more of our young athletic guys up to speed we could be in business.

I like the win as well. Agree that we appear to be getting better. I really WANT to see us play next week. We owe Minny big time for last year.

Of the seniors, would love to see Culp, Stille, JoJo, Mills, Honas and Bootle back.

Win next week? Yes, that is called mojo.

Sucks we could not finish versus Iowa or NW. Or we 'd be .500.

Even if we go .500 the next two games I still think we go bowling. Or if we no contest next week and win the crossover.

It was great to see our kids, esp # 2 and # 5 smiling. I think the loss last week had to hurt them especially.

GBR

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back