• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia did not attend Practice this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah let's punish the player makes a whole hell of a lot of sense
Not sure how it's punishment to deman
What was he supposed to say? "Yeah, I love it here unless I am not named the starter. If that happens, then I'm out of here."

I think he legitimately likes it here and point of fact, he chose to come here over some other great school choices. Don't knock the guy for deciding to transfer (should he decide to do so) so he can actually be the starter somewhere else. It isn't to say he doesn't like the Univ of Nebraska any less; just that the circumstances have changed and maybe he doesn't feel that he will ever be the starter here. Many great QB's have transferred despite liking a college they initially went to and liked. Look at Troy Aikman for starters. It happens all the time. I don't begrudge TG or POB for choosing other colleges even though they both liked Nebraska.
Aikman transferred in 1986, 32 years ago. I can't think of another successful ("great") QB who transferred since then. I really don't think it happens "all the time."

Wrong.

I would've had no problem with him transferring out after the spring game. But anyone that would transfer out 5 days before the opener just because he's 2nd string QB would not be a player I want on my team.

Wish granted I guess.

It could be that Frost and Co. strung the situation along in hopes that it would result in Gebbia staying. I know Frost is considered Saint TO 2.0 but it would have been a legit roster management strategy...Frost did what was best for the program. Gebbia is doing what's best for him. Good for both of them.
This right here!

Aikman transferred in 1986, 32 years ago. I can't think of another successful ("great") QB who transferred since then. I really don't think it happens "all the time."

There was some guy named Russell Wilson a few years back.

Wrong.

I would've had no problem with him transferring out after the spring game. But anyone that would transfer out 5 days before the opener just because he's 2nd string QB would not be a player I want on my team.

Good thing it's not "your" team then?

Cam Newton. Got himself one of those Heisman thingies.

There was some guy named Russell Wilson a few years back.
Thought he graduated and was told FAR in advance by his new coach he would not be the starter AFTER leading the conference in passing the preceeding year? Rather a different set of circumstances...

Wrong.

Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Baker Mayfield

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back