• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia did not attend Practice this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truly selfish people in this situation are those that think he should just sh--can his college career so THEY can feel better about the back-up QB spot at NU in 2018.

"but its my favorite college football team, and I know whats better for MY team and the players and coaches for MY team....from my couch"

I'll be perfectly honest regarding TG. The last thing our team needed was this distraction 5 days before opening game. Anyone that doesn't think it's a not distraction is dreaming....

Far as I'm concerned TG is already gone and I'm going to forget about him period. We have a game on Saturday and the focus needs to be there not on what TG just did........

He's better off riding the bench under Frost than competing for a starting job under an offense better suited for him? Are you sure that this isn't your feelings that you're projecting here? If the kid wants a chance to play in the NFL then riding the pine behind Martinez probably isn't going to help his cause.
Yes, yes, and his role as a backup is not predetermined at NU just as his role as a starter at some other school is not set in stone. If one wants to be successful then be around successful people.

Wrong.

I would've had no problem with him transferring out after the spring game. But anyone that would transfer out 5 days before the opener just because he's 2nd string QB would not be a player I want on my team.
Then you should be happy that he is gone and thank him for his contribution the last year and a half.

Yes, yes, and his role as a backup is not predetermined at NU just as his role as a starter at some other school is not set in stone. If one wants to be successful then be around successful people.
It wasn't predetermined, but it was just determined nonetheless.

I'll be perfectly honest regarding TG. The last thing our team needed was this distraction 5 days before opening game. Anyone that doesn't think it's a not distraction is dreaming....

Far as I'm concerned TG is already gone and I'm going to forget about him period. We have a game on Saturday and the focus needs to be there not on what TG just did........
what position do you play? I didn't know we had current players on H'max...

No, you showed that an incoming coach wanted to give the opportunity to a player that the previous year had been moved from QB to safety. Again, as I have stated, not the exact same situation. If you don’t see it, that is fine.
You do realize that Scott Frost started at QB the final two games of the 1994 season, right? He was moved to safety earlier in the season temporarily to get his athleticism on the field, just as Crouch was used as a WR but ultimately was a QB.

This is not good for NU as a team. The chances that Martinez gets hurt, like he did his senior year of HS, is likely. Gebbia would then have a chance to prove himself in a game(s). Hopefully Bunch can step up and perform well if this happens.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=211769581

"Of course, now Frost has question marks with the backup quarterback position. While Gebbia initially took the news well that Martinez won the job, Frost said, he didn’t participate in Monday’s practice.

“We want guys who want to be here, and hopefully everything lands in a good position. But I think that’s to be determined,” Frost said of Gebbia’s status.

“Tristan has been a really good teammate and a good kid. We want what’s best for him, and I hope he’s here at the end of the day.”

Frost said he wasn’t ready to address “what-if” questions regarding a backup quarterback, but did say walk-on Andrew Bunch performed well in preseason camp and was close in competition with Martinez and Gebbia before coaches announced a two-player race."

Cam Newton. Got himself one of those Heisman thingies.
Wikipedia
Newton initially attended the University of Florida, where he was a member of the Florida Gators football team in 2007 and 2008.
On November 21, 2008, Newton was arrested on felony charges of burglary, larceny, and obstruction of justice on an accusation that he stole a laptop computer from another University of Florida student. He was subsequently suspended from the team. Campus police "tracked the stolen laptop to the athlete...Newton tossed the computer out his dorm window in a humorously ill-advised attempt to hide it from cops." All charges against Newton were dropped after he completed a court-approved pre-trial diversion program. "I believe that a person should not be thought of as a bad person because of some senseless mistake that they made," said Newton in 2010. "I think every person should have a second chance. If they blow that second chance, so be it for them." Newton announced his intention to transfer from Florida three days before the Gators' national championship win over Oklahoma. In November 2010, Thayer Evans of Fox Sports reported that Newton faced potential expulsion from the University of Florida for three instances of academic dishonesty, prior to transferring.

The only way this is a real distraction is if Bunch absolutely can't handle the QB duties. I don't think thats the case.

Frost and Co have these guys mentally tough...this is not even a speed bump on their focus.

Last edited:

The problem is he didn't choose the calendar date. He choose the day after he wasn't named the starter. Had he known after spring ball he would have done it then. I'm not blaming anyone I'm just saying what the circumstances are. His biggest mistake was thinking he could perform in this offense better than Martinez or the 2019 or 2020 recruits who are going to be just as athletic or more than AM.

But he got on the 110-man fall roster knowing that him not winning this job was a possibility. he voluntarily remained with tgetprogram and preparsd with these players and coaches for the 2018 season.

Seams l this might come down to a very basic (by that I mean 'crucial' not 'minor') difference In core values. He agreed to be a part of this group - he is leaving them high and dry.

I completely understand that TG believes that it is in his best personal interest to transfer now, but I do t think that fact makes this the right thing to do. He was a part of 110 men preparing g to play a season of football together. In the same situation my father would have encouraged me to stick it out, and it's a value I'll instill in my sons. Fidelity and loyalty to that group that you joined is a higher virtue

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back