• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia did not attend Practice this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Too bad that the situations aren't the same.

Anyhow, contrary to all of the love he heaped on the program, I never thought that he'd stick around if he wasn't the starter.

I just didn't expect him to do it "in season."

No two situations are ever the same. Both transferred to because they wanted another chance to be the starting QB though.

Too bad that the situations aren't the same.

Anyhow, contrary to all of the love he heaped on the program, I never thought that he'd stick around if he wasn't the starter.

I just didn't expect him to do it "in season."
Outside of maybe alabama and OSU...maybe not even them...find me one program that is able to hold on to two 4* QB recruits that are effectively in the same class. Good luck.

Let's be honest here for second, TG deciding to transfer now gives him more time to prepare for the offense he will be running in the future. Staying delays that by a semester and eats a year of his eligibility. The only reason "he should stay" is because Husker fans are worried about depth. None of us like that he's transferring now, but if you truly look at it from his perspective it makes sense.
He should stay because he’s better off with Scott Frost as his coach than any other. He should realize he’ll miss all the fun. He will have an important role yet to be defined and the whole of Husker Nation will remember his selfless loyalty. He’ll be set for life

I don't want him to stay. I wish he would've made it known that he was more of an opportunist than a team player after last season, or at least after the spring game.

You seem to be taking this personal for some reason. Would you label Frost as an opportunist?

He should stay because he’s better off with Scott Frost as his coach than any other. He should realize he’ll miss all the fun. He will have an important role yet to be defined and the whole of Husker Nation will remember his selfless loyalty. He’ll be set for life
He's better off riding the bench under Frost than competing for a starting job under an offense better suited for him? Are you sure that this isn't your feelings that you're projecting here? If the kid wants a chance to play in the NFL then riding the pine behind Martinez probably isn't going to help his cause.

Scott Frost from Stanford says hello.

C
Conflating what happened with SF at Stanford and what TG did at Nebraska is off base IMO. SF lettered 2 years at Stanford and left for different reasons. He wanted another year under Walsh and said he GREATLY missed his family back in Nebraska. He didn't leave simply because he wasn't named the starter. He didn't blow out the door 5 days before the season where he was expected to be the backup? No he did it the right way IMO.
According to Steve Frost, Scott's brother and a senior on the Stanford football team, the decision to leave school came over the winter break.

"He's hasn't really been happy since he got here," Steve told The Stanford Daily. "Over break, he realized how much he missed home and how many friends he had at Nebraska."

The only thing I see the same is both of them transferred.... Like to say something else but better to say Thanks TG and hope you have a fine career elsewhere.

https://www.paloaltoonline.com/weekly/morgue/sports/1995_Jan_13.FROST.html

I don't want him to stay. I wish he would've made it known that he was more of an opportunist than a team player after last season, or at least after the spring game.
What highly recruited major college quarterback isn’t an opportunist? They all want to get to the league. Not going to do that on the bench.

He's better off riding the bench under Frost than competing for a starting job under an offense better suited for him? Are you sure that this isn't your feelings that you're projecting here? If the kid wants a chance to play in the NFL then riding the pine behind Martinez probably isn't going to help his cause.
some people are simply too stupid to figure this out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back