• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia did not attend Practice this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't blame a top ranked QB for wanting a transfer if passed on the starting job by a staff that didn't recruit him. He realizes aside from an injury, he's never going to start for NU. We have 2 studs lined up for '19 and '20.

Calling Gebbia weak, wimp, or soft is weak sauce imho. The forum begins to show it's true form. :Thumbsdown:

Last edited:

That’s not why a kid stays at a school, especially QB. Just because he’s likely to play due to it doesn’t mean you stay because of it. How many starts did UCFs backup get last year?

Ok, how many starts did UCF's backup get in 2016?

I get what you're saying. If you set the over under for backup QB starts this year at 0.5 and made me bet my house I would take the under

But I think there is a decent chance of injury (double digits percentage points - my guess). And I believe that if TG were here, SF would get him (edit) 50+ snaps regardless. Given the limited transfer options he has at this point, I have a hard time believing that it would be better for him to transfer now the. For him to spend his freshman year here and have every transfer option open To him at end of year where he could take the pick of the litter.

Last edited:
I can't blame the man for being disappointed. That said, if he quit because he did not win the starting job it would say a lot about 1) the type of person he is and 2) the type of leader he is. If he backed out and came back there may not be any point, as no one would likely stand behind someone like that.

I hope it is something like he was sick or just needed to rest for one day, but if he quit the team then I am going to say it..... I called it. This was the risk with him and it would have been a waste of some good snaps for bunch and the other backups. Without Gebbia we would be scary thin at that position. One injury and you can kiss the season good bye.
Doubt if he was sick. Hope he decides to come back. I think this will really impact play calling. They will really try to protect Martinez I think. Not that he won’t still run the ball but I think they’ll try to keep the number of runs limited.

Not only because of this, but I think for the good of college football, I would like to see a rule that if you commit to fall camp, that's your team for the year. So they'd still have to sit out the following year. It seems like the most fair thing else schools that start later have an advantage. It also isn't fair to the teams as they're deciding reps and putting in plans for somebody to just up and leave. It takes reps from the real backup. It takes a scholarship that a walk-on would have gotten, etc.

I don't blame a top ranked QB for wanting a transfer if passed on the starting job by a staff that didn't recruit him. He realizes aside from an injury, he's never going to start for NU. We have 2 studs lined up for '19 and '20.

Calling Gebbia weak, wimp, or soft is weak sauce imho. The forum begins to show it's true form. :Thumbsdown:
The only part I'll agree on was that he wasn't recruited by these coaches. That probably gives him doubt as to how much playing time he will get at Nebraska. Having said that I have my own thoughts as to waving the white flag before the first shot is really fired. If TG only wants to be at Nebraska if he's the starting QB then yea... it's probably time to look elsewhere. I have a problem with the timing because I doubt he's transfering anywhere to be a starter this season........

Doubt if he was sick. Hope he decides to come back. I think this will really impact play calling. They will really try to protect Martinez I think. Not that he won’t still run the ball but I think they’ll try to keep the number of runs limited.
Milton only ran 7.6 times per game for UCF last year. I don't think AM will be much different. He just needs to be smart and get out of bounds or get down when its not near the 1st down or goalline. .

Ok, how many starts did UCF's backup get in 2016?

I get what you're saying. If you set the over under for backup QB starts this year at 0.5 and made me bet my house I would take the under

But I think there is a decent chance of injury (double digits percentage points - my guess). And I believe that if TG were here, SF would get him 80+ snaps regardless. Given the limited transfer options he has at this point, I have a hard time believing that it would be better for him to transfer now the. For him to spend his freshman year here and have every transfer option open To him at end of year where he could take the pick of the litter.

Our backup will play this year, no doubt. But...

“You’re one play away from playing” is a mindset to get the backup ready. It’s not a motto for where you should play your football when you have 3-5 years to audition for the NFL. Crossing your fingers hoping the starting QB gets injured for you to get on the field and help you reach your goals of getting to the NFL is the dumbest thing I’ve heard since “you have to play in cold weather in the pros so you shouldn’t let weather dictate your college decision.”

Last edited:
I can’t imagine he will be back. It would be in his best interest to transfer immediately if he didn’t want to be a backup.

Keep that green jersey on and start getting Masker some reps I guess. Hopefully Bunch gets a couple series Saturday.

The only part I'll agree on was that he wasn't recruited by these coaches. That probably gives him doubt as to how much playing time he will get at Nebraska. Having said that I have my own thoughts as to waving the white flag before the first shot is really fired. If TG only wants to be at Nebraska if he's the starting QB then yea... it's probably time to look elsewhere. I have a problem with the timing because I doubt he's transfering anywhere to be a starter this season........
No,aside from maybe a JUCO he wouldn't be starting anywhere this season, but he'd be leaving to learn a new offense this year in a new system then starting the next three year as opposed to the zero starts that seems to be written on the wall at NU barring an injury.

Not only because of this, but I think for the good of college football, I would like to see a rule that if you commit to fall camp, that's your team for the year. So they'd still have to sit out the following year. It seems like the most fair thing else schools that start later have an advantage. It also isn't fair to the teams as they're deciding reps and putting in plans for somebody to just up and leave. It takes reps from the real backup. It takes a scholarship that a walk-on would have gotten, etc.
Yeah let's punish the player makes a whole hell of a lot of sense

And to think I got piled on when I said he will transfer if AM is the starter at the end of the year.

C
You apparently were more then right... I thought it was ridicilous to talk about transfers before the first game was even played. I have no clue what his generation is all about.... If at first you don't succeed... I guess you transfer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back