• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Gebbia did not attend Practice this morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't blame the man for being disappointed. That said, if he quit because he did not win the starting job it would say a lot about 1) the type of person he is and 2) the type of leader he is. If he backed out and came back there may not be any point, as no one would likely stand behind someone like that.

I hope it is something like he was sick or just needed to rest for one day, but if he quit the team then I am going to say it..... I called it. This was the risk with him and it would have been a waste of some good snaps for bunch and the other backups. Without Gebbia we would be scary thin at that position. One injury and you can kiss the season good bye.

QB is the only spot I get transferring. Only one plays. While this sucks for us as fans, makes total sense for Gebbia IF he can get 2018 to count as his sit out year. Doesn’t make sense for him to essentially sit out 2018 then transfer and have to sit out 2019.

Please spare the “you are only one play away from playing” argument (not you, just in general I know it’s coming).

If Gebbia leaves, this puts us in a really bad spot.
Given the fact that we will be playing some rough games this year and AM will probably be doing some running the one play from playing analogy kinda holds some water.

QB is the only spot I get transferring. Only one plays. While this sucks for us as fans, makes total sense for Gebbia IF he can get 2018 to count as his sit out year. Doesn’t make sense for him to essentially sit out 2018 then transfer and have to sit out 2019.

Please spare the “you are only one play away from playing” argument (not you, just in general I know it’s coming).

If Gebbia leaves, this puts us in a really bad spot.
Why does it leave us in a bad spot if indeed he's not one play away from playing? The fact is TG is ONLY one play away from playing.

If he's wants to transfer before playing a single game he's conceded AM is a better with no chance to catch him? Nothing happened yet except he missed a practice so going to sit back and see what happens.

Why does it leave us in a bad spot if indeed he's not one play away from playing? The fact is TG is ONLY one play away from playing.

If he's wants to transfer before playing a single game he's conceded AM is a better with no chance to catch him? Nothing happened yet except he missed a practice so going to sit back and see what happens.
I didn’t say he wasn’t one play from playing. I said you don’t stay somewhere because of it as a QB. Same question as my previous response, how many starts did UCFs backup get in 2017?

Would be potentially a very huge loss.

I hope he sticks it out, but I can't say I really blame him. He got beat out by someone who should have graduated HS just a few months ago and hasn't really played in a true game since his junior year of HS. Martinez logically should improve from this point on at a higher rate than Gebbia.
Hmmm....Not sure I “don’t blame him.” I’m an old dude and never had the talent to play D-1 ball. That being said, my old man would have told me to suck it up and get my 4th point of contact to practice.

I can't blame the man for being disappointed. That said, if he quit because he did not win the starting job it would say a lot about 1) the type of person he is and 2) the type of leader he is. If he backed out and came back there may not be any point, as no one would likely stand behind someone like that.

I hope it is something like he was sick or just needed to rest for one day, but if he quit the team then I am going to say it..... I called it. This was the risk with him and it would have been a waste of some good snaps for bunch and the other backups. Without Gebbia we would be scary thin at that position. One injury and you can kiss the season good bye.
Pure garbage

Guys, sports players and coaches will say to the media whatever is convenient for them in the moment. This is not a new thing. I’m not sure why people continue to take what’s they say seriously.

What is Gebbia supposed to say? “Well if I get the starting job then I’m committed to the program but if I don’t then I’m out.” No.

I’m not a fan of guys bolting to other schools but I can’t blame Gebbia for looking out for his best interests.

Not sure why people are surprised by this or even bad mouthing him. QBs have very limited opportunities to play and if you're in his shoes, you know you aren't starting this year and you know this kid likely won't be replaced, why not try and get back as much time as you can? He's going to have to sit out this year one way or another, may as well do it somewhere where you have a chance to play the following season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back