• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Friday Night Lights II (6/22/18)

And 15-yard penalties apparently.
In all seriousness, is there a concern with a kid switching schools for “post grad” work as he put it, or is this strictly a football move? Says he’s already qualified. We see this in basketball sometimes, but don’t remember many football guys doing it.

In all seriousness, is there a concern with a kid switching schools for “post grad” work as he put it, or is this strictly a football move? Says he’s already qualified. We see this in basketball sometimes, but don’t remember many football guys doing it.

Thought I heard he and Minnesota parted ways because he had grade issues? I didn't think this was a Casey Rogers situation, where he did go the prep school route in order to give himself more football options. Someone correct me if in wrong.

Thought I heard he and Minnesota parted ways because he had grade issues? I didn't think this was a Casey Rogers situation, where he did go the prep school route in order to give himself more football options. Someone correct me if in wrong.

That is what I understood too.

If I am not mistaken he is in a prep school now. Let me do some 'research'

You guys like the holding, the cheap play, or both?
Two things.
1. It is a drill not a game. I want guys who being fire in drills.
2. (Although completely different positions) It reminded me of something Christian peter would do in a drill.

His off field demeanor aside we need a little more CP attitude on the team.

Two things.
1. It is a drill not a game. I want guys who being fire in drills.
2. (Although completely different positions) It reminded me of something Christian peter would do in a drill.

His off field demeanor aside we need a little more CP attitude on the team.
I get what you are saying, but all of a sudden Tanner Farmer is a pretty good cornerback if you let him just line up nose to nose with a 175 pound WR and bear hug him to the ground. You do drills to hone your craft, that video showed things he wouldn't be able to do any of in a game. Would be a wasted rep every time. WR doesn't go against what he will actually see in a game and the corner is practicing something that will give you a penalty every single time. Just seems like wasted time and reps on my end. Now, Bookie used to man-handle dudes within the rules of the game at these 7 v 7 things, I loved seeing that.

I get what you are saying, but all of a sudden Tanner Farmer is a pretty good cornerback if you let him just line up nose to nose with a 175 pound WR and bear hug him to the ground. You do drills to hone your craft, that video showed things he wouldn't be able to do any of in a game. Would be a wasted rep every time. WR doesn't go against what he will actually see in a game and the corner is practicing something that will give you a penalty every single time. Just seems like wasted time and reps on my end. Now, Bookie used to man-handle dudes within the rules of the game at these 7 v 7 things, I loved seeing that.
I hear you bro. I am reminded of the scene in North Dallas 40 where they had a back up pick a fight with one of the starters just to get him fired up. If he did it every play I would agree. Once to establish dominance I am OK with.

BTW Bookie is literally the only thing that still gives me pause from losing the last staff. Man I loved the way that kid competed. Fire personified.

I hear you bro. I am reminded of the scene in North Dallas 40 where they had a back up pick a fight with one of the starters just to get him fired up. If he did it every play I would agree. Once to establish dominance I am OK with.

BTW Bookie is literally the only thing that still gives me pause from losing the last staff. Man I loved the way that kid competed. Fire personified.
I'm with ya, he would have solved at least one of the cornerback issues this year. But Nebraska football is bigger than one recruit and that one kid wasn't going to make that staff get it done in my opinion. I'm sure you know all of that.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back