• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Frankie's return to Lincoln

I have heard - I believe it was a former player but honestly can’t remember - that when it came to play-calling “Frankie played checkers and Tom played chess.”

I want to recognize all that Frankie did for this program. He absolutely gave his all. I can argue both sides of him having been hired as HC. But should he have been play-caller? No.
Well said. My thoughts exactly.

Why would that be?
The stuff that the press didn't report about Frank because it wasn't done at the time. He wasn't an angel, but who is? With the money that coaches make now, it would be a big mess with apologies and possible resignation to "concentrate on health" or "spend more time with family".

The stuff that the press didn't report about Frank because it wasn't done at the time. He wasn't an angel, but who is? With the money that coaches make now, it would be a big mess with apologies and possible resignation to "concentrate on health" or "spend more time with family".
Ah, the unsubstantiated rumors that were never proven anywhere, despite living in a fishbowl immediately following all of the legal issues of the mid-90s teams. Seems legit.

Frank is an outstanding coach, Ohio U. is not a jock school and with all the other schools in the state and half the best players head to Michigan it is amazing that he gets the Bobcats into a bowl game each year. He won 3 Class A state championships at Lincoln Southeast and would have won a fourth his last year except unfortunately Craig Sundberg broke his ankle before playoffs. Now I am prejudiced because I got to play for Frank and was around him daily for two and half years, no he isn't an offensive genius, but he is a hell of a coach.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back