• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former Huskers who transferred

The best part is I don’t think he feels the need to feed any one player. Wandale may not have been demanding, but the way people seemed to want to keep him happy, I think AM forced the ball his way last year.
Agree there doesn’t seem to be any demanding receivers or running backs. ( crowded backfield may lead to transfer portal after the season) the two who thought they weren’t being used properly are gone. I like this team and if they play as hard as they did on Saturday they’ll make this fan base happy.

Did JD ever play a full or one Iowa game?
AM caught it for throwing to JD and Wandale who got smacked around by OSU.
AM had o other choice.
He does now.
Cant wait for Martins return and Fidones appearance

More like he was the only one who would reliably get open and, just as reliably, catch the ball.
No, I don’t think so. He quite often wasn’t open, but AM forced the ball. Austin Allen was a capable pass catcher last year, as were Martin, Voke or Faulk. I think Scott is learning as a coach, and one of those lessons is no one player is critical to the program.

No, I don’t think so. He quite often wasn’t open, but AM forced the ball. Austin Allen was a capable pass catcher last year, as were Martin, Voke or Faulk. I think Scott is learning as a coach, and one of those lessons is no one player is critical to the program.
He had more than 3 times as many catches last season as the next receiver (Allen) because he often wasn't open and AM forced it to him?

That makes no sense. Kind of like a buddy I once had that just hated Frost. Called him a ball hog. He got pissed whenever I reminded him that Ahman Green rushed for around 2000 yards that year.

WanDale is exactly who we thought he'd be, only he's doing it at Kentucky instead of here.

He had more than 3 times as many catches last season as the next receiver (Allen) because he often wasn't open and AM forced it to him?

That makes no sense. Kind of like a buddy I once had that just hated Frost. Called him a ball hog. He got pissed whenever I reminded him that Ahman Green rushed for around 2000 yards that year.

WanDale is exactly who we thought he'd be, only he's doing it at Kentucky instead of here.
What do you consider open? Is it just catching the ball, or catching it in a position to do something with it? So, yes, that does make sense that he wasn’t open, and his very pedestrian 10 Ypc supports that. Watch some replays and they reveal numerous times we had others open for better gains, only to see the ball go to WR.

What do you consider open? Is it just catching the ball, or catching it in a position to do something with it? So, yes, that does make sense that he wasn’t open, and his very pedestrian 10 Ypc supports that. Watch some replays and they reveal numerous times we had others open for better gains, only to see the ball go to WR.
I have no doubt you remember it that way but that doesn't explain the 51 to 18 catch disparity between WR and AA. (Ok, almost 3 to 1. I had said over 3 to 1)

Even if it was true then why blame WR? He wasn't the one throwing the ball.

You probably should watch some more game film and take note of the facts.

Last edited:
I have no doubt you remember it that way but that doesn't explain the 51 to 18 catch disparity between WR and AA. (Ok, almost 3 to 1. I had said over 3 to 1)

Even if it was true then why blame WR? He wasn't the one throwing the ball.

You probably should watch some more game film and take note of the facts.
It’s not some tunnel vision memories, it’s the stats from Wandale’s career stats. Before you suggest I watch film I’d hope you take the time for a refresher. WR was regularly getting balls thrown to him with next to no opportunity to gain any meaningful yards.

It’s not some tunnel vision memories, it’s the stats from Wandale’s career stats. Before you suggest I watch film I’d hope you take the time for a refresher. WR was regularly getting balls thrown to him with next to no opportunity to gain any meaningful yards.
You might want to check out his stats at UK. He's got the bulk of the SEC schedule to play yet but he seems to be thriving at his natural position, WR.

I don't see any reason why he couldn't be having similar numbers here if he could get balls thrown to him with some opportunity to gain meaningful yards (using your argument).

Blocking? I'm sure he's blocking downfield like a good receiver should.

Wandale — 3 games - 18 catches 337yds , 2 TDs; 3 rushes 73 yds

Vedral — 58 for 80 (73%) 4TDs 0 int; 20 rushes 56 yds.

Greg Bell — 71 rushes 405 yds, 4 TDs.

Spielman — 2 games - 3 catches 35 yds, 1 TD; 4 punt returns for 104 yds.

Avery Roberts— 3 games - 25 tackles, 1 sack

Tyjon Lindsay — 5 catches 60 yds, 1TD; 2 rushes 10 yds.

Luke — 16 for 32, 181 yds, 1 TD, 3 int.

marcus Fleming— 1 catch minus 6 yds.

Gebbia and O’Brien have not played.

Any other D1 transfers?
What about the below (not sure if they went D1):
- Darien Chase
- Jamie Nance
- Demariyon Houston
-Jahkeem Green

Last edited:
What about the below (not sure if they went D1):
- Darien Chase
- Jamie Nance
- Demariyon Houston
-Jahkeem Green
Chase - Portland State
Nance - Utah State (Justin McGriff is also here)
Houston - Hutchinson CC
Green - South Carolina

Last edited:

Where ever he lands might be his third or fourth college. He was at least committed to some JuCo (ASA College comes to mind?) - not sure if he actually showed up there or not. Either way he landed at Albany last year and never saw the field and now ???.

Updated. Of note this week,
Luke had no passes and 5 rushes. Don’t know what position he ran from.
Wandale had 7 catches;
Greg Bell was injured on his second carry.

Wandale — 4 games - 25 catches 402 yds , 2 TDs; 4 rushes 78 yds

Vedral — 76 for 111, 5 TDs, 0 int; 31 rushes 102 yds.

Greg Bell — 73 rushes 409 yds, 4 TDs. Injured.

Spielman — 3 games - 6 catches, 89 yds, 1 TD; 7 kick returns for 197 yards

Avery Roberts— 4 games - 35 tackles, 1 sack

Tyjon Lindsay — 4 games, 10 catches 162 yds, 3TDs; 4 rushes 21 yds.

Luke — 16 for 32, 181 yds, 1 TD, 3 int.; 18 rushes 52 yards, 1TD, 1lost fumble

marcus Fleming— 1 catch minus 6 yds.

Gebbia and O’Brien have not played.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back