• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Former Huskers who transferred

Gebbia had the starting job before a serious injury and surgery. I think that one surprises me most. Mcaffery and Vedral don't surprise me at all. I thought V should have started at NU.
Vedral would've been nice to have as an insurance policy. If he'd stuck around last year he starts the McCaffery games and who knows, we might pull of N.Western or Ill. He reminds me of the QBs Wisconsin and Iowa trot out. Solid guy that knows what they are suppose to do. However, we are not yet Iowa or Wisconsin. We need our QB to be able to make plays, and unfortunately I don't see Vedral as that guy. Now, maybe Vedral would be able to get the short/quick passing game cooking in a way that Martinez doesn't, but Adrian, warts and all, ads an explosive element that Vedral can't. Our offense would be STARVED for big plays without AM on the field.

Vedral would've been nice to have as an insurance policy. If he'd stuck around last year he starts the McCaffery games and who knows, we might pull of N.Western or Ill. He reminds me of the QBs Wisconsin and Iowa trot out. Solid guy that knows what they are suppose to do. However, we are not yet Iowa or Wisconsin. We need our QB to be able to make plays, and unfortunately I don't see Vedral as that guy. Now, maybe Vedral would be able to get the short/quick passing game cooking in a way that Martinez doesn't, but Adrian, warts and all, ads an explosive element that Vedral can't. Our offense would be STARVED for big plays without AM on the field.

For that matter, without the big plays (occasionally broken big plays), our offense would be nearly completely inept.

I was referring to Lindsay. The LB was a miss by us.
No, that was on him. He failed to do the work. We know the coaches wanted him as a player, and he was a position of need.

People are not seeing that in most cases, a transfer is an indication of a failure. It can be a failure in adapting to the environment, or a failure to find your groove in a system, or a failure to beat out another player. That last reason can be because another kid is a better fit for a system, or is simply a superior athlete and/or instinctive player. Or it could be that a player doesn’t put in the work. Whatever the reason, it’s a fail, so unless a player accepts that and works to overcome whatever the reason, they will continue to fail throughout their career. In this case someone woke up, and made changes. He’s overcome his reason for failing, but it was on him.

Tackles
Sacks
Pass Defense
Fumbles
Blkd
DEFENSIVE LEADERS
GP
Solo
Ast
Total
TFL-Yds
No-Yds
Int-Yds
BU
PD
Qbh
Rcv-Yds
FF
Kick
Saf
32​
2​
9​
2​
11​
2.0​
- 3​
.​
.​
2​
2​
1​
.​
.​
.​
.​
2D​
2​
5​
5​
10​
.​
.​
.​
1​
1​
.​
.​
.​
.​
.​

KICKOFFS
No.
Yards
Avg
TB
OB
Retn
Net
YdLn
16​
946​
59.1​
10​
1​

Barret Pickering is second team on South Alabama.

Last edited:

Although not a transfer, it kind of feels like one… Bookie.

I was there at the Montana shocking upset over Washington week 1.

Not official, but I’d say Bookie played about half the snaps on defense for Washington. He was a non factor.

I didn’t see any of their loss to Michigan this past weekend, so I have nothing to report there.

Last edited:
Another 100-yard game for Wandale as Kentucky edges FCS Chattanooga.

Vedral put up good stats vs. FCS Delaware.

McCaffrey split time at QB. Rice was down 44-0 at half.

Wandale — 3 games - 18 catches 337yds , 2 TDs; 3 rushes 73 yds

Vedral — 58 for 80 (73%) 4TDs 0 int; 20 rushes 56 yds.

Greg Bell — 71 rushes 405 yds, 4 TDs.

Spielman — 2 games - 3 catches 35 yds, 1 TD; 4 punt returns for 104 yds.

Avery Roberts— 3 games - 25 tackles, 1 sack

Tyjon Lindsay — 5 catches 60 yds, 1TD; 2 rushes 10 yds.

Luke — 16 for 32, 181 yds, 1 TD, 3 int.

marcus Fleming— 1 catch minus 6 yds.

Gebbia and O’Brien have not played.

Any other D1 transfers?

With newly found receivers AM looks like he’s enjoying himself he seems to have more confidence. I love watching him play and as a leader he’s easy to root for.

With newly found receivers AM looks like he’s enjoying himself he seems to have more confidence. I love watching him play and as a leader he’s easy to root for.
The best part is I don’t think he feels the need to feed any one player. Wandale may not have been demanding, but the way people seemed to want to keep him happy, I think AM forced the ball his way last year.

I remember smart people say'n we would be better without him... because we would spread the wealth.

J. D. who?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back