• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For Supporters and Trust of Matt Rhule.

I like Rhule a lot. He didn’t fumble or throw INTs. I liked his presser. I still think our ceiling in this conference is 8. Not this year or next year. But maybe year 3. I hoped we get to 6 this year but that offense is going to kill us. If we go 0-2 not sure we win 6.

I like Rhule a lot. He didn’t fumble or throw INTs. I liked his presser. I still think our ceiling in this conference is 8. Not this year or next year. But maybe year 3. I hoped we get to 6 this year but that offense is going to kill us. If we go 0-2 not sure we win 6.
Yes, he's got to either get his OC to call a better game or take over play calling himself for Nebraska to get to 6 wins this season. Satterfield I thought called a decent game.

Last edited:

Well, the biggest improvement in a well-coached team is usually between games 1 & 2. We didn't see that with the previous staff. We'll find out in a week.

Good things: Line play was better on both sides. D settled in and played well. Special teams look much improved. We were right there at the end and should have won it.

Choked it away at the end, but now the new staff knows what they have (and what we've been watching for the past 8 years). Rhule has his baseline. Let's see how the team responds next week; that's what it's all about.

I still see us winning 7 games before bowl season. Keep the faith.

I saw an offense getting better as the game went on. I saw a defense that learned faster and made minny adjust and still play well.
I saw STs outplay minny.
Fix the turnovers, fix the penalties, start against the bluffs where we left off, we will crush them.
So much this. The no panic at half was nice and I think it showed in the team. It will pay dividends. Just. Gonna. Take. Time. Saban didn't win it all his first year at Bama. He was 7-6, 1-4 in conference in his first year. GIVE IT TIME FOLKS.

I still think our ceiling in this conference is
If our ceiling is only 8, 3 years from now, that just means we are a has been. If we don't win 10 games or more in the next 3 years, we are the new Kansas of football and that is sad. 8 wins is not something to be excited or proud about and we should just join the Mountain West or some other POS conference.

I'm hopng Rhule gets it done here, but I found myself eye-rolling a lot during his post game presser. He's about to find out that Nebraska people have lived tonight's nightmare over and over for the past 10 years. His sense of urgency had better pick up.

When USC, UCLA, Oregon, Washington get here we will be lucky to win 8. We just don’t get the players those schools do let alone OSU, Michigan. I think we can improve but we can’t catch those schools.

Firing Bo and the abject failure that has occurred since has been very very costly. I am not sure we recover.

Last edited:

Michigan, Ohio State, USC, and Cincinnati in year three plus the usual one score losses to middle tier Big 10 teams. Not looking like eight wins. But, that’s two years down the road. I want to know how HCMR is going to top this opener. It’s going to be hard to craft a more gut wrenching choked filled loss but I have faith DONU will keep the fan base reaching for the Pepto Bismol all season long,

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back