• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For Supporters and Trust of Matt Rhule.

I saw an offense getting better as the game went on. I saw a defense that learned faster and made minny adjust and still play well.
I saw STs outplay minny.
Fix the turnovers, fix the penalties, start against the bluffs where we left off, we will crush them.

Agree.

I temper my disappointment with the fact that I didn't think this was one of our wins this year to start with. All the 'Firsts' for us going up against a 7 year staff, on the road, etc. Yes, it was another gift to the opponent in the end, but a lot to like in a first game.

Speaking of firsts, the staff now has the first opportunity to review real game film and teach. Let's see what that looks like as opposed to the last staff.

Colorado gives us a great opportunity to get some momentum started. Have to take advantage of that.

Agree.

I temper my disappointment with the fact that I didn't think this was one of our wins this year to start with. All the 'Firsts' for us going up against a 7 year staff, on the road, etc. Yes, it was another gift to the opponent in the end, but a lot to like in a first game.

Speaking of firsts, the staff now has the first opportunity to review real game film and teach. Let's see what that looks like as opposed to the last staff.

Colorado gives us a great opportunity to get some momentum started. Have to take advantage of that.
We will get over 200 yards on the ground against the bluffs, have people questioning if Shedeur doesn't throw ints as well.

Our past illogical over the top aggression on O was impossible to correct imo. This O, much easier, it was turnovers and penalties and not everything else.
Our D looks to be very stout. I see people running down minny to make us look worse, who're they fooling but themselves?

Last edited:

I know I’ve been raging on some of the ”so called fans” here and then there are excellent posters like @CrabHusker and @NorthwoodHusker that have a clear understanding of where we are at and the process that the team is undertaking. Thank you for the sanity guys. The insanity is overwhelming. I have seen the stupidity before on here but last night ……. WOW
Some fans are letting past outcomes equal this one. Dumbing it down to win/loss only and not taking the time to actually see what went on.

I get the bummer feels, but not the here we go again explanations

We will get over 200 yards on the ground against the bluffs, have people questioning if Shedeur doesn't throw ints as well.

Our past illogical over the top aggression on O was impossible to correct imo. This O, much easier, it was turnovers and penalties and not everything else.
Our D looks to be very stout. I see people running down minny to make us look worse, who're they fooling but themselves?

I'd like to see fewer QB runs (RPO or not) and more out of the backs. We've got a great room that needs to be the focus. CU's defensive line should allow us to do that. They do have back 7 speed, but there will be opportunities there. Shedeur (autocorrect doesn't like that name very much) is a more accurate passer than Sims from what I've seen, but he wasn't running for his life at Jackson State. He's likely in for a rough day tomorrow and might be a little shell shocked next Saturday.

I'm still a little confused with some of our play calling, but in general we did what they've said we were going to do. Not reading coverage correctly is fixable, but I'll wait and see.

Loved the defense for most of the night. Don't know how we look against Michigan, but you can say that for most of college football. Minnesota was picked no worse than 3rd in the West. They've got experience and 7 years of staff continuity and an identity they've built and ridden to bowl after bowl. They're not great, but they're what we need to be in our progression to being great again. Folks thinking we needed to look like 1995 Nebraska in Rhule's first game, on the road, with a lot of new faces just don't understand team sports.

I know I’ve been raging on some of the ”so called fans” here and then there are excellent posters like @CrabHusker and @NorthwoodHusker that have a clear understanding of where we are at and the process that the team is undertaking. Thank you for the sanity guys. The insanity is overwhelming. I have seen the stupidity before on here but last night ……. WOW

I'm not sure how sane I am or how great a poster I am, but I make a great crawfish étouffée and can pick up heavy things, so there's that.

I understand the disappointment and frustration. Even those with a 'Wait and see' posture going into last night had to be disappointed when we somehow managed to 'Charlie Brown' ourselves again. I get it. This looked different. For those who say it didn't, we'll disagree. We played better football than I thought we would week 1 with a brand new staff and all the new faces on the field. Gives me hope that my year one expectations for this team are maybe a little low. I'm not at all interested in seeing a repeat of the turnovers and the 'Frost-esque' procedural penalties again, but there will be bumps in the road. Fix them. Rhule gets the first stab at that this upcoming week.

I'd like to see fewer QB runs (RPO or not) and more out of the backs. We've got a great room that needs to be the focus. CU's defensive line should allow us to do that. They do have back 7 speed, but there will be opportunities there. Shedeur (autocorrect doesn't like that name very much) is a more accurate passer than Sims from what I've seen, but he wasn't running for his life at Jackson State. He's likely in for a rough day tomorrow and might be a little shell shocked next Saturday.

I'm still a little confused with some of our play calling, but in general we did what they've said we were going to do. Not reading coverage correctly is fixable, but I'll wait and see.

Loved the defense for most of the night. Don't know how we look against Michigan, but you can say that for most of college football. Minnesota was picked no worse than 3rd in the West. They've got experience and 7 years of staff continuity and an identity they've built and ridden to bowl after bowl. They're not great, but they're what we need to be in our progression to being great again. Folks thinking we needed to look like 1995 Nebraska in Rhule's first game, on the road, with a lot of new faces just don't understand team sports.
They're 4-0 in bowls under Fleck.
Sims needs to read better, the better safeties will be watching him

They had some pains last night as a staff, but I 100% trust their process and them to right the ship.
I have high confidence they'll be talking to each other each game.
You start with what you think you have working for you, then you find out against different teams. Thus the biggest Improvements from game one to game two.
Not sure that happened under the past staff?

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back