• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

For Supporters and Trust of Matt Rhule.

My point is, minny has the best record against wiscy in the west.
Its too early to say, you reduce minny you're also reducing us.
It could be we are both better than that but won't know until later, thats really my point.
I'm not reducing Minny and I'm not on the board saying Minny is trash just because they beat NU in a squeaker.

Two things can be true:
1- I think they are a very solid team that will get better as their O-line gels thru the year.
2- I just don't think they are good enough to sail thru their difficult schedule and win 9 games.

Likely losses to OSU and Mich. At NC will be a tough task against a (right now) ranked team. Then they have toss ups with ILL, Iowa, and Wisc. 8-9 wins will be tough. If they get there it will be a great season.

I don't think Colorado will be as talented as Minny up front.

If Rhule gets this group to beat Colorado on the road, you can't call him Frost 2.0 anymore or claim there is some multi generational curse hanging over the team.

The biggest improvement with good coaching happens from week 1 to week 2. Let's see if Rhule and co. can make a big jump.

I don't think Colorado will be as talented as Minny up front.

If Rhule gets this group to beat Colorado on the road, you can't call him Frost 2.0 anymore or claim there is some multi generational curse hanging over the team.

The biggest improvement with good coaching happens from week 1 to week 2. Let's see if Rhule and co. can make a big jump.
Bad part is I think I seen it is a 10 EST game, I definitely want to see what we are up against next week

Yep. @Bean. If the shoe fits …….well
Kinda wonder where you been the last 6 years!
"If Husker Nation hadn’t become so accustomed to all the ways we can give a game away, this game would be a very strange aberration of all the things that had to go wrong for the Huskers and right for the Gophers for the ultimate outcome to occur. It’s mind-boggling. What is key to me is how Matt Rhule handles this adversity with his team heading into Boulder next week. I believe that it will be a different result and not a Frost Follies redux. I waited until Friday to pen the droppings as my perspective is better today than it was last night after the contest. We were expected to lose that game on the road, even though it galls me we did. I am willing to believe that Rhule will get it fixed, but after losing 14 of 16 games the last three years by one score, it may take a few days to correct. "

1693660113049.jpeg

Last edited:
They didn't stop us. We weren't ahead by good numbers at half. We've been in games without turnovers and had decent leads.
I can honestly say now, unlike before when I'd thought we'd done enough that we can do more.
Years past, we'd wait for things to happen, or we'd be matched score for score, hit a big play. Well there were no big plays yesterday except the trick play. It was mostly grind and we were winning doing it until we started turning the ball over, but even so, there barely was time for them left.
Our style at this point may create closer lower scoring games as we find our playmakers, but it also makes us a harder team to beat.
It took a miracle for minny at home, our first game to win in the closing seconds.
Yes, new ways to lose but I'm hoping our opposition is banking on miracles

Kinda wonder where you been the last 6 years!
"If Husker Nation hadn’t become so accustomed to all the ways we can give a game away, this game would be a very strange aberration of all the things that had to go wrong for the Huskers and right for the Gophers for the ultimate outcome to occur. It’s mind-boggling. What is key to me is how Matt Rhule handles this adversity with his team heading into Boulder next week. I believe that it will be a different result and not a Frost Follies redux. I waited until Friday to pen the droppings as my perspective is better today than it was last night after the contest. We were expected to lose that game on the road, even though it galls me we did. I am willing to believe that Rhule will get it fixed, but after losing 14 of 16 games the last three years by one score, it may take a few days to correct. "
The Last 6 years have NOTHING to do with this year. Of course you are free to attach what happened last night to whatever you want ….. but do so at your own peril. Rhules record at nebraska is 0-1, his streak of losing by one score is 1. It’s not even close to a trend ….. yet.

I was probably just as upset and disappointed as you last night and like you, I have a much better perspective today. Let’s all have perspective on this game as it’s just the first step (of many) to the future. We need more data points for THIS team and THIS coaching staff to make a fair assessment. GBR and remember “keep the faith” in this team and these coaches

I'm not sure how sane I am or how great a poster I am, but I make a great crawfish étouffée and can pick up heavy things, so there's that.

I understand the disappointment and frustration. Even those with a 'Wait and see' posture going into last night had to be disappointed when we somehow managed to 'Charlie Brown' ourselves again. I get it. This looked different. For those who say it didn't, we'll disagree. We played better football than I thought we would week 1 with a brand new staff and all the new faces on the field. Gives me hope that my year one expectations for this team are maybe a little low. I'm not at all interested in seeing a repeat of the turnovers and the 'Frost-esque' procedural penalties again, but there will be bumps in the road. Fix them. Rhule gets the first stab at that this upcoming week.
So much this.

I trust Rhule, will he get it done only time will tell, we did see some good things, and as we all noticed we did some stupid and bad things. My question to any fan is, what did you expect from game 1 on the Road? Are we basing game one as a guide to the next 4 years. Next question for us fans is some that are so fed up with this team after game 1 sorry, but bye bye now, if you want to cheer for a team that wins 90 percent of their games I hear Georgia would be a great team for you to follow instead of the Huskers. I hope, as we all do that, we get to that 90 percent again, and nobody wants it more than these kids. This may be too harsh of criticism, but I am disappointed in the fans more than I am the team. It's been a long 20 years I think we can wait a couple more if needed. GBR!!!!
You are not wrong but...

Should we have expected clean play minus a few game 1 oofs? Should we have expected that a focus on turnovers and discipline would be apparent on the field? Should we have believed coach when he said certain players had things to work on before seeing the field? Should we have believed we would be a fourth quarter team? Should we have believed the days of Nebraska ending games in an unreal fashion to be at least tempered? It is not the loss, it is the manner in which it happened. Or should we have expected Nebraska to lose in regulation when they are up by a touchdown, the ball, and somewhere around 5 minutes to go?

FWIW, I still believe Huskers go bowling this year and if that is by going 6-6, it is great progress. It doesn't make losing games in what we just witnessed any less frustrating. I am sure the players are more frustrated and bothered by it than us fans. That's good as long as they stick together and power through.

Just a note, ironically, you point out more patience is needed and a 20 year wait in the same sentence.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back