• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Eichorst Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to guess marine corps.

I was navy for 10 years and a college football player. Bo's language didn't offend me. He was wrong to do what he did, but after wgoing 9-3, I understand why he was pissed.

And I think we'll find, like in the case of Pederson, that the fired coaches' complaints were well founded.
You ever said they were offended by foul language? It's a leadership issue. They guy is a dbag.

Not Marines, played D1 rugby for a long time.

Why fire Eichorst today? Was there something else going on that we don't know about? Or at least I don't know about? It darn well better be worth sacrificing this season for the future of this program.

Again, I'm not going to cry over Eichorst being gone. But I am truly questioning the date of firing.
Is this season looking like a winning season so far? I think the season is in huge jeopardy already, and sometimes, a shake up at the top needs to take place, sooner, rather than later.

I don't usually do this but, what the hell: LOL

Look at the history and compare Nebraska way to other ways and tell me what you find.

BD, TO, FS, BP and assistants. They get it. They knew/know how to win.

Why are we embarrassed to be unique???

BD? Seriously? Bob Devaney built modern day Nebraska football, and despite your claiming him, he had zero to do with the state before coming here.

My take:

I am not necessarily against firing Eichorst. But ... I do have some major concerns with firing him today. September 21. With the entire conference schedule ahead of us.

Because it's very reasonable to assume, Riley is now a lame duck head coach. In September. With all of our realistic goals still ahead of us. Or at least they were. But what's really the motivation for the players now? You can't tell me the players haven't discussed the very real possibility they are now playing for a lame duck head coach.

I could easily see this entire season go down the tubes now. Obviously, the recruiting class is going to suffer. But I'm most concerned with the current players. A team that was on fragile ground before today is going to have a huge challenge not mentally collapsing from this point forward. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 2017 season is done. In September. Especially a shame for the seniors.

Why fire Eichorst today? Was there something else going on that we don't know about? Or at least I don't know about? It darn well better be worth sacrificing this season for the future of this program.

Again, I'm not going to cry over Eichorst being gone. But I am truly questioning the date of firing.
Yep. This season is likely to go right down the drain. Granted...it may have already been circling said drain. But there's no way these guys are going to be able to mentally keep it together. Players are going to be wondering who the next coach is and if they fit the system. Coaches are going to be wondering about landing their next job. This is a complete cluster texas...the only potential saving grace is if there is a plan and it's an excellent one. If it really is "well, let's have a long AD search"....oh boy.

My take:

I am not necessarily against firing Eichorst. But ... I do have some major concerns with firing him today. September 21. With the entire conference schedule ahead of us.

Because it's very reasonable to assume, Riley is now a lame duck head coach. In September. With all of our realistic goals still ahead of us. Or at least they were. But what's really the motivation for the players now? You can't tell me the players haven't discussed the very real possibility they are now playing for a lame duck head coach.

I could easily see this entire season go down the tubes now. Obviously, the recruiting class is going to suffer. But I'm most concerned with the current players. A team that was on fragile ground before today is going to have a huge challenge not mentally collapsing from this point forward. I wouldn't be at all surprised if the 2017 season is done. In September. Especially a shame for the seniors.

Bingo. Unless there is more to it. In which case, there it is.

It's hard to fathom ... January 3, 1998, we were named national champs. 20 years ago this season. And we'll very likely be looking at our 5th head coach on or likely before January 3, 2018. 5th head coach in 20 years.

It's difficult for me to celebrate anything right now. As a life-long Nebraska fan, all I can do is have hope for better days. But right now, it's all rather depressing.

I tend to think we'll see a lot of empty seats in Lincoln as the season progresses.

Last edited:
Last I checked BD was not a Nebraska guy and Bo was DC for one year. Are you trying to say that an AD at a winning program should be passed over for "Nebraska guy" with lesser qualifications? WTH indeed.

C

"Nebraska Guy" has nothing to do with geography.

When will people understand that.

It's hard to fathom ... January 3, 1998, we were named national champs. 20 years ago this season. And we'll very likely be looking at our 5th head coach on or likely before January 3, 2018. 5th head coach in 20 years.

It's difficult for me to celebrate anything right now. As a life-long Nebraska fan, all I can do is have hope for better days. But right now, it's all rather depressing.

We cast aside everything that "Nebraska football" stood for. And we reap the results of that.

True statement. NU beats NIU by any score and he lives to fight another day.

Truly. But for Lury jumping that route and getting the pick 6. I wonder if Lury is laughing and saying, "I did that!"

Really though, unless this team was going to get a lot better in a hurry, this would have just happened later.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back