• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Eichorst Gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

If Remington has really been asked about taking the Interim AD job and accepts, I'd think it would be for keeps. I don't know why he would leave the Boomer Esiason Foundation which he currently heads to take a temp gig.

I concur with most of Carriker said:
http://www.omaha.com/huskers/carrik...cle_047286dc-9f07-11e7-a703-27b3275a56f1.html
"with Eichorst there was just a bit of disconnect from understanding Nebraska culture, Nebraska history, Nebraska tradition. There was just a disconnect so we need to bring someone in here who understands what Nebraska football is all about. What the University of Nebraska is all about, the history of Nebraska, Nebraska culture, Nebraska tradition. We need to bring someone in here who understands that." and "Coach Riley. Coaches in general. Players. Message sent! You got until November — in my mind anyways — I’m not the next AD. Players, if you wanna keep Riley here, rally around him now."

So do I! I love his enthusiasm, to say the least!! :)

Their AD probably acted with dignity and professionalism as well.

I've never seen a shred of evidence that Eichorst did not act like a professional in how he went about his job. He made a number of mistakes, and making this change was probably for the best, but Eichorst is by all accounts a class act and a gentleman. As evidenced by his gracious statement after being fired today -- pretty much the opposite of how Bo behaved when he was fired.

In any event, even if you were right, and Eichorst behaved inappropriately (again, no evidence to support this accusation), that does not support or justify Bo's inappropriate, childish, disgusting behavior on his way out the door. It's always better to take the high road.

I take solace from the fact that Bo's attempt at sabotaging the program on his way out the door also sabotaged his own career.

Limiting their sights to an NU guy severely lowers the pool of candidates and odds of finding one of quality. This whole "Nebraska way/Nebraska guy" will be the death nail of the NU football program.

C

I don't usually do this but, what the hell: LOL

Look at the history and compare Nebraska way to other ways and tell me what you find.

BD, TO, FS, BP and assistants. They get it. They knew/know how to win.

Why are we embarrassed to be unique???

In a news conference, Green said he would solicit opinion from several individuals, including former coach and athletics director Tom Osborne, during the search.

Here’s a look at six potential candidates, three of which have Husker ties. The other three prospects are current athletics directors with backgrounds at football schools.

TREV ALBERTS — Current athletics director and vice chancellor at the University of Nebraska-Omaha. Alberts was a consensus All-American linebacker for Nebraska in 1993, the Butkus Award winner, the Big Eight Male Athlete of the Year and a CoSIDA Academic All-American. He was a first-round draft choice of the Indianapolis Colts in 1994, and Nebraska retired his jersey number 34 in 1994. He later worked as a college football analyst for ESPN and became UNO’s athletics director in 2009. He has overseen UNO’s classification to Division I, which was finalized in 2015, and built a new arena for the Mavericks.

DAVE RIMINGTON — Current president of the Boomer Esiason Foundation, which raises money to help support and generate awareness for cystic fibrosis. Rimington, a center, was a three-time first-team All-Big Eight performer and in 1981 he became the only offensive lineman in conference history to win Big Eight Offensive Player of the Year honors. He’s the only person ever to win the Outland Trophy twice as the nation’s top offensive lineman. The Rimington Award bears his name, which is named for the nation’s top center. Rimington was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame in 1997 and his jersey number 50 was retired at Nebraska in 1982. Rimington also was inducted into the CoSIDA Academic All-American Hall of Fame in 2004.

ED STEWART — Current senior associate commissioner of the Big 12 Conference. As a team captain, Stewart led Nebraska to its first national title under Tom Osborne in 1994. Stewart, a linebacker, was named the Big Eight Defensive Player of the Year and a consensus All-American for the Blackshirts defense. He was a finalist for the Butkus Award that year. Stewart joined the University of Missouri in 1999 and became assistant athletics director for administration in 2001. He was hired by the Big 12 in 2006 and is one of four senior associate commissioners. Stewart is in charge of Big 12 football.

KIRBY HOCUTT — Current athletics director at Texas Tech. Hocutt is a 1995 graduate at Kansas State, where he played linebacker for Bill Snyder. Hocutt began his athletics administration career at K-State and then worked for the NCAA for a year. In 1998, Hocutt became the associate athletic director for external operations and sports administration at Oklahoma, where he supervised football and increased giving levels by 400 percent. Hocutt became athletics director at Ohio University in 2005 and left for Miami (Fla.) in 2008. Three years later, Hocutt was named Texas Tech’s athletics director. He since has supervised a program that generates more than $30 million in donations and serves as chairman of the College Football Playoff Selection Committee. Hocutt spent one year working on the committee alongside Tom Osborne.

CHRIS DEL CONTE — Current athletics director at TCU. Del Conte has ushered in a new era of TCU athletics, generating more than $300 million of donations into facility improvements. At the top of the list was the 2012 unveiling of new $164 million Amon G. Carter Stadium for the football program. In 2015, TCU spent $72 million to renovate its basketball arena. Del Conte also was instrumental in helping shepherd TCU into the Big 12 for the 2012 season. TCU is a football-first football program that has maintained a high level of success. Del Conte has given coach Gary Patterson all that he needs to win.

JOE PARKER — Current athletics director at Colorado State. Parker was in charge of finalizing plans to build Colorado State’s new 41,000-seat football stadium, which was opened on time and on budget. Parker has an extensive background in college athletics. He served as a senior associate athletics director at Michigan, Oklahoma, Texas and Washington State. Parker spent 5 years as deputy athletics director at Texas Tech until taking the Colorado State position in 2015. Parker was an All-American swimmer at Michigan and understands both the Great Lakes and Great Plains landscape.
Just first reactions.

Alberts. Hell no.
Rimmington...fine
Stewart....fine
Hocutt...interesting...not a husker so won't be accepted. Out.
del Conte...see hocutt
Parker...no. I will concede that if he's not Rimmington that he needs to have a P5 pedigree.

So if the OWH found out about this within a couple of hours of the announcement, that probably means that things were all lined up prior to today's firing. That's good to know.

I'm pretty sure the wheels started turning before 5PM CST last Saturday.

I've never seen a shred of evidence that Eichorst did not act like a professional in how he went about his job. He made a number of mistakes, and making this change was probably for the best, but Eichorst is by all accounts a class act and a gentleman. As evidenced by his gracious statement after being fired today -- pretty much the opposite of how Bo behaved when he was fired.

In any event, even if you were right, and Eichorst behaved inappropriately (again, no evidence to support this accusation), that does not support or justify Bo's inappropriate, childish, disgusting behavior on his way out the door. It's always better to take the high road.

I take solace from the fact that Bo's attempt at sabotaging the program on his way out the door also sabotaged his own career.

Check out Josh Mitchell's comments about the Iowa game locker room.

Pederson, Perlman and eichorst. Rotten Peas in a pod.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back