• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Scott Frost Deserve a 5th Season at Nebraska?

We will.

We'll likely not have long to celebrate.

Make no mistake. Even the most supportive amongst us (and I count myself among that group) are on a shot clock.

It has to change. It has to change soon.
I think we’ve all been saying that, it has to change, and soon, since 2019, and it’s now 2021 and it still hasn’t changed. Hell, we could be saying it again in 2022.

Yesterday Unsportsmanlike Conduct gave analysis of FBS coaches since 1971.

In those 50 years 705 coaches total were at the same school 4+ years.

105 got their 5th year with 0 winning seasons, 0 bowl appearances, less than .390 win %. If NU has a losing record this year Frost is in that group.

Of those 105 only 14 ever had a winning season at that school.

Of those 14 only 2 went on to have a career record over .500 at that school. Stolz at Bowling Green snd Schiano at Rutgers.

Only 4 ever finished a season at that school ranked in the top 25. Schiano at Rutgers, Corso at Indiana, Cutcliffe at Duke and McCarney at Iowa State. They each had one season where they finished top 25.

None of those coaches ever went on to finish in the top 10.

Will Frost get another year? Yes.

If he doesn’t win two more games does he deserve it? Guess it’s in how you define “deserve”. NU would be banking on him to be a coaching turnaround story like college football hasn’t seen in the last 50 years.

Wish I'd had these stats when I wrote the article.

Instead of relying on refs maybe AM should just go down after getting the first instead of wasting precious seconds under 2 minutes to go and risking ball security, just to try and get one extra yard. That is like pop warner level crap. Get the first, go down, stop the clock, and get to the line for the next play.

C
I agree but that’s not my point. Go back and read what my point was. It’s pretty easy to understand.

But about what you wrote the article is written to lead you to how we need move on from Frost, how is Martinez not going down Frost’s fault?

You are correct. So so many people looked at the Illinois game as the most important game of the year. It set the tone of the year. You can agree or not but so many posters stated it.

It was absolutely a huge game. Before the season, fans were trying to count 6 wins so they could get to a bowl game. Illinois was one of the 6 people were banking on. Nebraska was a 7 point favorite.

It is. It’s a mirage built mostly on big plays. They can’t score. Yards don’t count as points.

The offense has been a huge disappointment. It gets yards overall, but is pathetic in the red zone and can't get yards in crunch time to close out games or take the lead late. Went ridiculously vanilla against IL in a game they absolutely had to win and lost. Had the lead against MSU late and couldn't get a first down to put the game on ice, leading to "the punt". Then botched OT. Had the ball right up against the goal line multiple times against Minny and flopped. Rinse, repeat.

Literally can't score in overtime and I think hasn't even gotten a first down in OT under Frost?

Last edited:
Last edited:
I am really torn about SF. His grit on the field and what he did at Missouri leading his team forever puts him in my good graces no matter his record. He will always be a beloved Husker. I kind of think of my clinging to hoping he turns it around like a family member that keeps letting you down. You give them the benefit of the doubt in hope that they will not let you down but they do. I had a brother like that but I never stopped loving him and always held out hope because he was family. SF is family. I feel bad for him because I know he wants the best for Nebraska football. Maybe Trev can find a way to salvage things.

I think we’ve all been saying that, it has to change, and soon, since 2019, and it’s now 2021 and it still hasn’t changed. Hell, we could be saying it again in 2022.

I won’t be.

We can’t repeat 2021 results in 2022 and stay pat. The script has to change at some point and I’m not willing to keep letting it ride.

I don't know who this guy Pernell is but good posters like for example, N2FL, could eat his lunch, analytically.

images (1).jpeg

I get that analysis, and there is plenty of evidence to make that conclusion. Right now, all Frost and his bosses can sell is hope. If the last few games go poorly, that hope will be fighting against even more evidence supporting the contrary.
They've been selling hope for four years now and right now that crap is in the 90% off clearance bin at Dollar General.

Last edited:

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back