• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Scott Frost Deserve a 5th Season at Nebraska?

Your level of faith exceeds mine.

SF record suggests he’s a loser as he ranks in bottom 10% of coaches. You acknowledge he is not good at play calling and game management. He can’t mange special teams. His team is consistently undisciplined. Hasn’t managed to develop a backup Qi in four years. he won’t fire bad assistant coaches. Nebraska boys won’t play for him. I could go on

just why the hell do you have faith in him ?

The bolded is the biggest crock of crap I've read on here in a while.

Your level of faith exceeds mine.

SF record suggests he’s a loser as he ranks in bottom 10% of coaches. You acknowledge he is not good at play calling and game management. He can’t mange special teams. His team is consistently undisciplined. Hasn’t managed to develop a backup Qi in four years. he won’t fire bad assistant coaches. Nebraska boys won’t play for him. I could go on

just why the hell do you have faith in him ?
Why the hell do you care why I have faith in him?

I really haven’t seen anyone get mad about people pointing out continued failures of the Frost regime. I have often agreed with people that there are continued shortcomings with this staff and team. But I also give credit where credit is due.
Seriously?

He didn't lose anything. Those four kids weren't locks to be Nebraska commits no matter what. I'm grounded in reality.

Times change. You're living in the past.
Not sure I have ever challenged a post of yours because they are usually pretty solid but not sure how a person could look at not getting the top 4 recruits out of Nebraska being a sign of living in reality. SF himself said early on they need to regain the 500 mile recruiting battle. Reality is it sucks. You cannot excuse it away.

Not sure I have ever challenged a post of yours because they are usually pretty solid but not sure how a person could look at not getting the top 4 recruits out of Nebraska being a sign of living in reality. SF himself said early on they need to regain the 500 mile recruiting battle. Reality is it sucks. You cannot excuse it away.

We can't all be 100%. You're welcome to challenge.

I don't think you can look at not signing any of these kids in a vacuum.

Two are at positions we didn't need or want to chase in this cycle (TE). That's changed due to defections, injuries, etc., but that's where that position started last year.

Not all four are Nebraska kids. Two of the four are transplants. They don't have Nebraska roots. That matters. I was a Nebraska kid who moved to Colorado and had I had a Nebraska AND a Colorado offer back in the day, I'm picking the Huskers. Piss on choosing the school I was closest to geographically, I had Husker ties. You have to look at these kids through those lenses as well. Do any of them have true Nebraska ties?

Anyway, you can't condemn the staff for this. You can look at it and evaluate, but it's not an automatic 'You should have gotten these kids'. It's just not.

We can't all be 100%. You're welcome to challenge.

I don't think you can look at not signing any of these kids in a vacuum.

Two are at positions we didn't need or want to chase in this cycle (TE). That's changed due to defections, injuries, etc., but that's where that position started last year.

Not all four are Nebraska kids. Two of the four are transplants. They don't have Nebraska roots. That matters. I was a Nebraska kid who moved to Colorado and had I had a Nebraska AND a Colorado offer back in the day, I'm picking the Huskers. Piss on choosing the school I was closest to geographically, I had Husker ties. You have to look at these kids through those lenses as well. Do any of them have true Nebraska ties?

Anyway, you can't condemn the staff for this. You can look at it and evaluate, but it's not an automatic 'You should have gotten these kids'. It's just not.
Offer all the excuses you want. Losing top four in state kids is a disgrace and never happened before, clearly they recognize the ship is sinking even if you don’t

Who would have ever thought that the Scott Frost era would have divided our fan base so much after 3 2/3rds of the fourth year arguing about the merits of his fourth losing season in a row. I need a break until the situation changes one way or another. Too much frustration on all our parts because we are all so passionate. I think I’ll see if we feel better after Saturday

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back