• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Frosty Return? Best guess

Does frosty return?

• Yes

Votes: 102 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 36 26.1%

• Total voters
Am I the only one in this room that thinks we do not focus on next years schedule and making a determination as to if he can at least give us a 500 record it’s his coaching that is horrible the schedule has nothing to do with it I think the losses to Illinois in Minnesota prove my point this year but I really think we should consider hiring is Dominic Raiola!!!

Agreed. We have really sunk a long way if you think about it it. Here we are, 73% of us think the coach will be back for a fifth year. He's .300 against P5 teams. We are looking forward to a weaker schedule next year so he can hopefully get us to .500.

This obviously isn't your father's Nebraska.

Last edited:

Agreed. We have really sunk a long way if you think about it it. Here we are, 73% of us think the coach will be back for a fifth year. He's .300 against P5 teams. We are looking forward to a weaker schedule next year so he can hopefully get us to .500.

This obviously isn't your father's Nebraska.
He’s 300 against P5 schools.

It is pretty much impossible to get to 500 with him.

I am in the camp that says Frost has had enough time and we are making high school mistakes that cost us games. That safety, 3 trips to the red zone and no points. Schools out guys, this is a business in case you missed it. Time to make a change. We will likely lose 4 more games.

With props to ***'s Twitter page which where i got this, here is the trend line of the "last drives to win games when trailing by one score or less through the Michigan game" of our current HC.

After reviewing his performance please tell me why you want him to even finish 2021, little lone come back for 2022!

View attachment 71833

Neither Frost, nor his chosen QB are "winners" in the clutch, the record speaks for it self.

DONU deserves and can do better. GBR
Extraordinary to see it on a chart like that. Nearly impossible to lose that many close games if you are managing the game correctly.

My best guess is no. I don’t know how you bring back a guy who is .300 against P5 programs over 4 seasons.
I think Frost will resign and give his contract guarantees back to NU before he is fired. He feels bad about this situation. More than we do.

Why are so many concerned of letting Scott go after 4 years. Yet not many said a word when Mike Riley was let go after 3 years. He at least had one winning season and got us to two bowl games. I was in total support of his firing just pointing out the comparison.
Riley wasn’t their guy, Frost is. It’s been pretty much as simple as which camp you have been in since T.O.

I think Scott returns next year unless he resigns and I don't see that happening. As others have posted, Trev wasn't hired to come in and clean house and for that reason he'll give Scott another year. Since he's closer to the program than any of us he'll be evaluating way more info than just wins & losses and will make his decision based on that info. Also, since he wasn't here for the last three years I think he'll use only the info from this year and next year to make that decision. Whatever he decides is fine with me. :Smile:

I think Scott returns next year unless he resigns and I don't see that happening. As others have posted, Trev wasn't hired to come in and clean house and for that reason he'll give Scott another year. Since he's closer to the program than any of us he'll be evaluating way more info than just wins & losses and will make his decision based on that info. Also, since he wasn't here for the last three years I think he'll use only the info from this year and next year to make that decision. Whatever he decides is fine with me. :Smile:
I agree that whatever he decides is fine. I will still watch the games regardless. I will still complain about something regardless. I will not spend money to go to a game or buy gear though. That’s the choice I can make as a fan.

I think Trev was brought in to run the athletic department and not just sit at the ranch and drink. To that end he has to make decisions, of which Frost is one. I don’t see that being a hard decision or one that takes two years, the evidence is overwhelming. I expect Trev to fire him the day after Iowa.

I think Trev was brought in to run the athletic department and not just sit at the ranch and drink. To that end he has to make decisions, of which Frost is one. I don’t see that being a hard decision or one that takes two years, the evidence is overwhelming. I expect Trev to fire him the day after Iowa.

I don't but, that's just my opinion. I expect Trev to do what he thinks is best, not what I think is best. :Smile:

I agree that whatever he decides is fine. I will still watch the games regardless. I will still complain about something regardless. I will not spend money to go to a game or buy gear though. That’s the choice I can make as a fan.

Been doing that since the CO game in Boulder a few years ago when Frost blew a 17 pt lead. I'm most upset that I got sucked into the moral victories B.S. this season after the OK, Michigan and M. State games. A good coach would have found a way to win those games, at least 1 out of the 3. After this past Saturday and seeing more of what we've seen the last 4 years I'm done supporting Frost period. The guy sucks as a HC.

GET TICKETS

Back