• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Frosty Return? Best guess

Does frosty return?

• Yes

Votes: 102 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 36 26.1%

• Total voters
This is a possibility, Frost returns wins the west, almost beats PSU in the conference championship, goes to a respectable bowl game, everyone that is throwing rocks at the bandwagon are singing on the bandwagon like they never left...

It is a possibility...don't know what the odds are.

Easy. Yes. You shouldn’t have to coach what is right and what is left to a punter. Not to trip over your own feet at the 1 inch line. To hold on tight to the ball when in a pile of the opposing defense. Kick the ball in between the uprights and not to the side or too low. Right there is more than likely at least 3 more wins and a completely different attitude. I don’t know if they need a team psychologist or what but it’s clear this team expects to choke and they fulfill that expectation week after week. Only time they don’t is when the lead is too big as to not. This team is being put in a position to win over and over. They just aren’t doing it. Is the Unity council a thing anymore? Should be if it isn’t.
Yes, they could easily be 25-15. NU has continued to trot out an athletic QB, who can’t win, even with his great individual plays from time to time. He leads the nation in turnovers over his career. He can’t be relied on for a clutch type drive. I’d have changed two years ago, and if I didn’t have what I thought we needed, I’d have been on that hard. Honestly, I think he is part of the biggest problem, despite his abilities. Sadly, he just isn’t a gamer, a winner. How many games has NU had a chance to win, without that turnover, or driving the field to win in the final moments? I can’t think of any except that 13-10 win over Northwestern a few years ago.

It’s amazing to me the number of coaches whom will put it all in on one guy, or many coaches, showing loyalty, but in the same regard, not getting what’s best for the team. That’s probably also part of the problem. Probably some kids on the roster that think they should be playing and they aren’t. In this line of work, decisions can piss off many, but if you’re unwilling to make necessary changes, others see that. Great coaches don’t worry about who’s feelings they hurt.

This is a possibility, Frost returns wins the west, almost beats PSU in the conference championship, goes to a respectable bowl game, everyone that is throwing rocks at the bandwagon are singing on the bandwagon like they never left...

It is a possibility...don't know what the odds are.
1000-1

I am in the camp that says Frost has had enough time and we are making high school mistakes that cost us games. That safety, 3 trips to the red zone and no points. Schools out guys, this is a business in case you missed it. Time to make a change. We will likely lose 4 more games.
Lose 4 more, and it’s done. No way could you continue. That would make him 15-29 after 4 seasons.

Don’t disagree there. Should have added Frost to that list too. I just don’t want another hiring that clearly reeks of lack of preparation.
Yeah I agree, firing a .450 coach for .550 coach doesn't really do anything besides waste money on Frosts buyout. Crack the wallet, and go get a proven high level P5 college football coach. Something which we haven't tried since the cursed firing of Frankie, which is amazing when you think about it.

Yeah I agree, firing a .450 coach for .550 coach doesn't really do anything besides waste money on Frosts buyout. Crack the wallet, and go get a proven high level P5 college football coach. Something which we haven't tried since the cursed firing of Frankie, which is amazing when you think about it.
I think they might have tried, but struck out, or looked everywhere they shouldn’t have been.

I am all for anyone who has proven they can coach p5. Be a big fish in a little pond (west). Lane kiffin is better than this. Bill O'Brien will be looking soon. There are options.

I've said before that ADTA will more than likely keep HCSF on, and set some very specific expectations.

I believe that Alberts feels that Frost needed (and still needs) better guidance, and appropriate development/support from his AD.

I think he'll use this year to assess what he thinks is needed, and use the off-season and next season to work with Frost on implementing and assessing changes/improvements.

Obviously this will all depend on if Frost is willing to make certain (difficult for him) changes.

Frost will need to truly subscribe to this famous philosophy: The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
This is well said. I really like the Trev Alberts hire. He is the calm and collected when the storm is raging. I like how involved he is with the football team and even making meetings with assistant coaches a weekly thing. I agree that he will give Frost another year to be able to grade him properly based on what is expected of him. I admire Frost's willingness to stick with his assistants, but it is time to bring in some new folks that can really shake up what is going on. Austin should be out, Verduzco should be out, Held needs to be reassigned to a recruiting role, and we need to somehow get Mickey Joseph on our staff in some capacity.

5 wins and it's close. 4 wins or less he's gone. Can't afford to bring him back. Hire a good offensive minded coach and retain as much of this defensive staff as you can.

GET TICKETS

Back