• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Frosty Return? Best guess

Does frosty return?

• Yes

Votes: 102 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 36 26.1%

• Total voters
I’ve been a Husker fan for 50 years. Never missed a single minute of a game. Never cheered for anybody else.

My heart simply can’t imagine bringing Frost back. Emotionally, I’d have absolutely zero hope. Logically, I think it is killing two recruiting classes and setting up the next coaching in a really bad spot. Culturally, I feel like we’d have accepted a crap product by a crappy coach for a program that was built on high standards and high expectations by individuals who lived up to their own high standards and expectations.

That’s the thing with me. The schedule sets up nicely next year for six or seven wins but does that mark any real improvement? Does that mean we can expect some consistency moving forward? Does that mean the light all of a sudden turned on? Let him coach the rest of the year and see how this plays out but the renewed optimism quickly vanished this weekend.
Looking at next years schedule.. where do the 6 wins come from

I guess I don’t see why the schedule says more wins next year. We are going to finish 5th or 6th in the division yet again. We haven’t beat Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue Northwestern or Iowa with regularity since we arrived. Why will next year be different? If we had rolled after the UM game I’d be with you but I’m afraid we only win 4 this year. We lose to Purdue, who looked great against Iowa, and the last two home games could go off the rails. Wish it was going in a different direction but it’s not.
I’d be pleasantly surprised if we finished 5th or 6th in our division.

If the boosters are upset enough they will come up with the money. We keep losing and there will be empty seats.

My crazy wish, Scott goes on sabbatical next year, John Cook takes over as head coach for a season while his top assistant takes over the V-Ball team. All assistants stay except Verduzco. Erstad come in and takes over Special Teams, and somewhere, somehow, someone sacrifices a bushel of corn.
  • Something has to happen to break the bad juju for this team, maybe Scott needs to go fishing with Dr. Tom for a while.
  • Watching John Cook sit All-Americans this year to become a better team proves how good a coach he is, he probably would have no problem managing the team and letting the assistants call the plays. Any of us could have done a better job with game management at times this year.
  • Erstad would fix all the Special Teams issues, maybe even figuring out how to get a 15 yard punt return once a game.
  • Maybe after a year, Scott would come back with a clear head, it's like he is still trying to recover from getting booed his first year of starting at Nebraska.
  • And Zac Taylor isn't coming to the rescue, 4-2 with Joe Burrow as QB, he's set with the Bengals for a bit.

Last edited:

Looking at next years schedule.. where do the 6 wins come from
With a coaching staff that knows how to win and can properly prepare a team for each game, there are 8 or 9 wins out there:

* North Dakota
* Georgia Southern
* Northwestern (in Ireland)
* Illinois
* @ Purdue (Karlaftis and Bell should be gone)
* Minnesota
* Wisconsin
* Indiana
* @ Rutgers

Probably not beating Oklahoma or winning at Michigan or at Iowa next year.

My crazy wish, Scott goes on sabbatical next year, John Cook takes over as head coach for a season while his top assistant takes over the V-Ball team. All assistants stay except Verduzco. Erstad come in and takes over Special Teams, and somewhere, somehow, someone sacrifices a bushel of corn.
  • Something has to happen to break the bad juju for this team, maybe Scott needs to go fishing with Dr. Tom for a while.
  • Watching John Cook sit All-Americans this year to become a better team proves how good a coach he is, he probably would have no problem managing the team and letting the assistants call the plays. Any of us could have done a better job with game management at times this year.
  • Erstad would fix all the Special Teams issues, maybe even figuring out how to get a 15 yard punt return once a game.
  • Maybe after a year, Scott would come back with a clear head, it's like he is still trying to recover from getting booed his first year of starting at Nebraska.
  • And Zac Taylor isn't coming to the rescue, 4-2 with Joe Burrow as QB, he's set with the Bengals for a bit.
I am in for Erstad.

Easy. Yes. You shouldn’t have to coach what is right and what is left to a punter. Not to trip over your own feet at the 1 inch line. To hold on tight to the ball when in a pile of the opposing defense. Kick the ball in between the uprights and not to the side or too low. Right there is more than likely at least 3 more wins and a completely different attitude. I don’t know if they need a team psychologist or what but it’s clear this team expects to choke and they fulfill that expectation week after week. Only time they don’t is when the lead is too big as to not. This team is being put in a position to win over and over. They just aren’t doing it. Is the Unity council a thing anymore? Should be if it isn’t.

With props to ***'s Twitter page which where i got this, here is the trend line of the "last drives to win games when trailing by one score or less through the Michigan game" of our current HC.

After reviewing his performance please tell me why you want him to even finish 2021, little lone come back for 2022!

Image 10-17-21 at 6.21 PM.jpg

Neither Frost, nor his chosen QB are "winners" in the clutch, the record speaks for it self.

DONU deserves and can do better. GBR

Am I the only one in this room that thinks we do not focus on next years schedule and making a determination as to if he can at least give us a 500 record it’s his coaching that is horrible the schedule has nothing to do with it I think the losses to Illinois in Minnesota prove my point this year but I really think we should consider hiring is Dominic Raiola!!!

GET TICKETS

Back