• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Does Frosty Return? Best guess

Does frosty return?

• Yes

Votes: 102 73.9%
  • No

Votes: 36 26.1%

• Total voters

I have not idea although NY Husker has assured me no matter what SF returns.

One thing I do know, money is no object in regards to his buyout.

C

I think it was a good post. I agree with everything you’ve said. Hard to recruit with s guy that’s on a hot seat and probably not getting off it.
Yep. The only way off the hot seat is to have a breakthrough season, which I would define as 9+ wins and probably a division title. Every year he comes back and maybe wins 6 or 7 just extends the one-year-at-a-time perception.

Best case is that Frost and the team somehow figure out how to win close games in the offseason and have the breakthrough in 2022. (I don't see it happening, but a kid can dream!) Even then, recruiting for the 2023 class will be a struggle until late in the cycle when he proves he can win.

Well somebody clear something up for me, I was told that if Trev fires got this year, he does not have to give him a buyout because Scott broke the rules during Covid. Is that true?
It's kind of a longshot, as I understand it. Perhaps the minor violation(s) is something that could be used to reach a settlement for less than $20 Million if Alberts decides to make a change.

So how does the NCAA investigation and the indiscretion by HCSF rice to It’s not needing to pay them the full 20 million because of these violations

To go along with that if nothing happens with either situation how many years are we committed to having him without giving him a dime and what is the amount we would owe him does he have 5 million for the next four years because they were foolish under moves to extend his contract again

I appreciate the initial complement.

Curious what you thought was out of line or over the top in my previous post. Maybe it's something with the wording, but I think it is a legitimate concern that we continue in a situation where Frost is perceived as on the hot seat. This is the first year when the narrative really took hold, and look what it has done to recruiting.

Frost coming back next year - unless he gets another extension which he does not deserve - sets us up for more of the same. And unless or until he has a breakthrough year, we are caught in a vicious cycle. Even if Frost wins 6 or 7 next year, it still seems like he is one more bad season away from being fired. If Frost had produced at least one or two good seasons in his first four years, the situation would not be this dire.
Because we don't know the future. Ask Ed Orgeron.

I do not want to keep making the same mistake either.

He's not getting another extension unless NU gets to 10 wins next season

Yep. The only way off the hot seat is to have a breakthrough season, which I would define as 9+ wins and probably a division title. Every year he comes back and maybe wins 6 or 7 just extends the one-year-at-a-time perception.

Best case is that Frost and the team somehow figure out how to win close games in the offseason and have the breakthrough in 2022. (I don't see it happening, but a kid can dream!) Even then, recruiting for the 2023 class will be a struggle until late in the cycle when he proves he can win.
That’s the thing with me. The schedule sets up nicely next year for six or seven wins but does that mark any real improvement? Does that mean we can expect some consistency moving forward? Does that mean the light all of a sudden turned on? Let him coach the rest of the year and see how this plays out but the renewed optimism quickly vanished this weekend.

That’s the thing with me. The schedule sets up nicely next year for six or seven wins but does that mark any real improvement? Does that mean we can expect some consistency moving forward? Does that mean the light all of a sudden turned on? Let him coach the rest of the year and see how this plays out but the renewed optimism quickly vanished this weekend.
I guess I don’t see why the schedule says more wins next year. We are going to finish 5th or 6th in the division yet again. We haven’t beat Illinois, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Purdue Northwestern or Iowa with regularity since we arrived. Why will next year be different? If we had rolled after the UM game I’d be with you but I’m afraid we only win 4 this year. We lose to Purdue, who looked great against Iowa, and the last two home games could go off the rails. Wish it was going in a different direction but it’s not.

GET TICKETS

Back