• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Does anyone really want Bo as head coach with a new DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our OC needs to be handcuffed with how much he wants to throw the dang ball. He made a mistake hiring Papuchis. He knows this. He knows where the weak links on this staff are. He isn't stupid. Why he hasn't changed them out before this season I don't know. Maybe he thought he could make it work. But now with his a** on the line, and the damning evidence clear, he needs to first pull himself together, and then he needs to go out and get some dang coaches.

Last edited:

Our OC needs to be handcuffed with how much he wants to throw the dang ball. He made a mistake hiring Papuchis. He knows this. He knows where the weak links on this staff are. He isn't stupid. Why he hasn't changed them out before this season I don't know. Maybe he thought he could make it work. But now with his a** on the line, and the damning evidence clear, he needs to first pull himself together, and then he needs to go out and get some dang coaches.

I don't recall us throwing it around as much the previous games Taylor was not in. Which alludes to the handcuffing, I don't believe Beck wanted Taylor back under center and Bo did, so Beck said "here you go."

If another d-bag releases more tapes, we will be known as the douchiest program in college football. We look ridiculous enough. The Bo situation will resolve itself based on what happens on the field.

If another d-bag releases more tapes, we will be known as the douchiest program in college football. We look ridiculous enough. The Bo situation will resolve itself based on what happens on the field.

I agree with you about this. I just don't think it is the only one out there. No inside info, just seems logical.

You don't say? With a freshman quarterback and everything? That does not allude to handcuffing, that alludes to logic. Your conspiracy theory may be true, but think honestly over the past seasons and realize that Beck has wanted to lob it around ever since he took over.

Bo does not appear to have HC intelligence. The HC is the CEO of the program. It is his responsibility to put in place the pieces of the puzzle to have success. To this point, I see very few of his hires that would qualify him to be a HC. Some may perceive him as having those qualities but I do not. It is time for NU to find a CEO who understands the necessity of hiring proven, competent folks to do the work necessary to make the ship sail in the right direction. Hiring your friends is never productive because, at some point in time when they are not doing their jobs, you need to be able to look them in the eye and terminate them. (Reference Bill Callahan/Kevin Cosgrove) Consequently, I have very little confidence that Bo Pelini will ever be able to make the kinds of tough choices a HC has to make.

or reference TO and Charlie mcBride.

Very few people... Probably zero, are HC ready upon taking the reins. That's why it's baffling to me that people would be so quick to cut loose a guy we've invested in when no one has presented a case that an attainable coach would be a definite upgrade.

I don't recall us throwing it around as much the previous games Taylor was not in. Which alludes to the handcuffing, I don't believe Beck wanted Taylor back under center and Bo did, so Beck said "here you go."

First, Beck is not a good OC, he gets far too cute and fancy with the offense. It may be true that with TA in the game his ability to get cute is severely curtailed...that doesn't mean he doesn't want to get cute or that he won't get cute when TA is ready to handle more of the playbook. Second, Beck OWES Bo BIGTIME, to accuse him as some have done of sabataging Bo by exposing TM with playcalling is simply ludicrous. Bo gave this guy a $400,000 per year raise last year. Bo made the very inexperienced and unproven Beck one of the highest paid OC's in the country. Beck would never try to make Bo look bad or ever question Bo's authority to tell him which QB is playing. I do think he might disagree with some of Bo's decision's and might even ask Bo to reconsider them, but rebel against his benefactor? NEVER.

Last edited:

I thought beck made some tremendous calls, especially in the middle screens, that just barely missed.

Also, we ran it 18 time (62%) on 1st down. That's not an abandonment of the running game.

Anyway, my fingers are freezing up as I type this, but gfoa is right: no way are these coaches sabotaging each other. To suggest such a thing is ludicrous.

No. Bo will not or cannot surround himself with people who he perceives as smarter than he is, or so it seems. As GFOA stated, Bo IS the problem, period.

No. Bo will not or cannot surround himself with people who he perceives as smarter than he is, or so it seems. As GFOA stated, Bo IS the problem, period.

completely Disagree, so you who you want Sabin, Meyer type?, you are asking for a ego maniac. Who you want doesn't exist. period

If Bo finishes the regular season at 9-3, should he be fired or retained?

8-4?

10-2?

Just want to gauge whether you've already made up your mind.

9-3 without division win? Coin toss.

Anything less...gone. HORRIFIC schedule and 8-4 is complete failure.

If any saw or heard the press conference today he be fired before he changes anyone in this staff

If Bo finishes the regular season at 9-3, should he be fired or retained?

8-4?

10-2?

Just want to gauge whether you've already made up your mind.

Cm can I ask? Would 6-6 mean a firing? 7-5? You ask about the good records what about the bad ones does he stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back