• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Does anyone really want Bo as head coach with a new DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who, specifically?

And by making that call, what do you mean?

By making the call I mean making a change at HC. We've gone over, pretty extensively, coaches who fans (and I) would like to see considered for the job if it opens up. I really don't want to make this thread another one of those threads (there are many of them), but they are not hard to find.

Welcome back to the board. Seriously. I disagree with you about 90% of the time, but it's good to see old faces return.

I haven't finally give up on Bo. If he can coach this team to a great finish - which admittedly is a long shot - I will want to keep him for another year to see if he can land us in the top 15. That's my metric.

If he can't do that. It's time for him to go. The defense is Bo's no matter how you slice it. Firing Papuchis is just making a scapegoat of him, delaying the inevitable, and letting recruiting and the program deteriorate further.

Anyway, why defend Bo out loyalty and let him fire Papuchis? Why would we owe him more than we do Papuchis? He's certainly paid more.

If that's not what's behind the desire to have him fire Papuchis, the only other thing is a poor assessment that somehow this team would perform better if Papuchis was gone. This team performs poorly because of Bo Pelini. That much is now clear.

Last edited:
Yes unless you can get Urban Meyer or Nick Saban in here which isn't going to happen. If Bo would hire actual coordinators I could hang for a few more years with Bo..

People should only focus on a coach. The idea that fans should advocate for certain assistants to be fired or moved is crazy. Hire a guy you trust and leave him alone until you're ready to fire him.

People should only focus on a coach. The idea that fans should advocate for certain assistants to be fired or moved is crazy. Hire a guy you trust and leave him alone until you're ready to fire him.

I agree. That's common sense.

Last edited:
Many of you seem to be witnessing the driver steer the car directly into the ditch, but want to blame one of the passengers for leaning the wrong way. Unbelievable...Bo IS the problem.

Last edited:
Bo does not appear to have HC intelligence. The HC is the CEO of the program. It is his responsibility to put in place the pieces of the puzzle to have success. To this point, I see very few of his hires that would qualify him to be a HC. Some may perceive him as having those qualities but I do not. It is time for NU to find a CEO who understands the necessity of hiring proven, competent folks to do the work necessary to make the ship sail in the right direction. Hiring your friends is never productive because, at some point in time when they are not doing their jobs, you need to be able to look them in the eye and terminate them. (Reference Bill Callahan/Kevin Cosgrove) Consequently, I have very little confidence that Bo Pelini will ever be able to make the kinds of tough choices a HC has to make.

Last edited:
Many of you seem to be witnessing the driver steer the car directly into the ditch, but want to blame one of the passengers for leaning the wrong way. Unbelievable...Bo IS the problem.

As much as I don't usually agree with some of the stuff you write, this is a GREAT analogy and point. It all starts and ends with the top dog and that is why he gets sooooo much more $$

So i guess most you must think doc Tom is a total idiot, he left the keys to Frank, didn't work out so well. Than came back to hire Bo who most of you want out, hum.

So what are you saying about Tom?? you all seem to know more about football then the guy with 3 National Championships, I guess I'll wait for the book to come out to see how it turns out

So i guess most you must think doc Tom is a total idiot, he left the keys to Frank, didn't work out so well. Than came back to hire Bo who most of you want out, hum.

So what are you saying about Tom?? you all seem to know more about football then the guy with 3 National Championships, I guess I'll wait for the book to come out to see how it turns out

He was a better coach than he was a selector of coaches.

I truly understand and can relate to arguments for and against Bo. But can we cut out a few of them and narrow it down a bit? As in, I'll throw away the blow outs if you throw away the 9 wins = job security. Cause blow outs happen to the best of 'em, and beating crap teams isn't good enough.

He is not going to be fired this season, he will be given an opportunity to make changes. This is reasonable and deserving.

In my opinion firing JP is just rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic. Besides, I would be surprised if the leaked tape was the only one out there. It seems pretty unlikely to me me there is only one. I bet if Bo doesn't hit the goals set by the holder of any more tapes it may be impossible to keep him.

If Bo were to stay and if he were to hire a real DC, does anyone really believe he would leave the DC alone to coach the way he saw fit?

We already know he does not do this with Pap, and now there is a lot of chatter he handcuffs our OC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back