• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Does anyone really want Bo as head coach with a new DC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cm can I ask? Would 6-6 mean a firing? 7-5? You ask about the good records what about the bad ones does he stay?

I have commented on those scenarios in other threads.

A 1-4 (actually 1-5) finish to the season might be all she wrote, but I wouldn't oppose giving him one more year. I don't think the finish will be that bad.

7-5 or nearer in the regular season means the bowl game will be a big factor.

I listened to the presser... I think people are over critical of the press conferences he gives.

Tremendous calls are not the kind that barely miss.

Of course they may be. Just like dumb calls that get lucky aren't great calls.

But I guess your statement reflects the difference between those who are process oriented versus result oriented.

Of course they may be. Just like dumb calls that get lucky aren't great calls.

But I guess your statement reflects the difference between those who are process oriented versus result oriented.

Ah, the process. What part of the process are we in right now? Year 6 and we're still playing sloppy, undisciplined football. Our coach is clueless. The team is getting worse year to year.

A play call isn't tremendous if it doesn't work. You could say it's gutsy or it was a good idea, but if you're calling plays that your team can't execute, then you're not calling the right plays.

Last edited:
So i guess most you must think doc Tom is a total idiot, he left the keys to Frank, didn't work out so well. Than came back to hire Bo who most of you want out, hum.

So what are you saying about Tom?? you all seem to know more about football then the guy with 3 National Championships, I guess I'll wait for the book to come out to see how it turns out

Name for me the time that TO rattled off a profanity laced rant to tell the Husker fans to take a hike? TO knew how to develop players. He had a system and it worked. TO could recruit, Pelini can not. When was the last time TO had a string of embarrassing loses on National TV? Sometimes, decisions do not work out. Frank Solich got the shaft by an idiot Athletic Director. Solich made some changes in his staff and coaching philosophy but was never given the chance to play it out. Bo has had his opportunity and does not seem to have the pieces in place to be successful.

Last edited:
I do. I like Bo. I like that he gets these kids to class, they for the most part stay out of trouble. I want continuity as much as possible and if Bo can make a change or two then keep him.

Name for me the time that TO rattled off a profanity laced rant to tell the Husker fans to take a hike? TO knew how to develop players. He had a system and it worked. TO could recruit, Pelini can not. When was the last time TO had a string of embarrassing loses on National TV? Sometimes, decisions do not work out. Frank Solich got the shaft by an idiot Athletic Director. Solich made some changes in his staff and coaching philosophy but was never given the chance to play it out. Bo has had his opportunity and does not seem to have the pieces in place to be successful.

Losses or LP? Tom didn't even coach during the internet era, every single time a player in college does something really bad LP, Tom and Neb get brought up. There is baggage everywhere, I love Tom, I was @ UNL during 90's run, it was great! Its 2013, not 1995, perspective is what we need, not knee jerk reactions.

I say this, I run a construction business, If i only made knee jerk reactions, I don't think I'd be in business long

No. Bo will not or cannot surround himself with people who he perceives as smarter than he is, or so it seems. As GFOA stated, Bo IS the problem, period.

completely Disagree, so you who you want Sabin, Meyer type?, you are asking for a ego maniac. Who you want doesn't exist. period

No, again. Mike stoops would have us in a different place defensively, but no preferred Paps.

No, again. Mike stoops would have us in a different place defensively, but no preferred Paps.

Stoops is also a ego maniac, only way it works with Bob is that they are brothers. I thought we were all about promoting from within? Only when it doesn't work it guess. Times have changed, different standard, Even Mike agrees. Agreed they won both games, but we would still be having same conversation that there needs to be a change

http://www.tulsaworld.com/blogs/spo...cle_53c669b6-3fce-11e3-84f6-001a4bcf6878.html

I just don't see us getting to the magic number of 9 wins to get him another year(in some eyes). It is time to start turning the Titanic, it will be bumpy but at least we will have new found optimism to hold us over while we get beat.

I have commented on those scenarios in other threads.

A 1-4 (actually 1-5) finish to the season might be all she wrote, but I wouldn't oppose giving him one more year. I don't think the finish will be that bad.

7-5 or nearer in the regular season means the bowl game will be a big factor.

I listened to the presser... I think people are over critical of the press conferences he gives.
Thanks I was just curious it s tough to keep track of all the threads.

No. IMO a new DC won't change that much. It's still Bo's defensive scheme. Unless Bo hands over the reigns and steps back, but I just don't see him doing that.

Thanks I was just curious it s tough to keep track of all the threads.

No worries... I'm having the same trouble.

Maybe HM should create a new feature that allows people to have a personal blog under their profile where these types of "global" opinions can be posted so others can quickly determine where other posters stand (the similar names can make it really confusing).

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back