• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Dillman's scholarship rescinded: Update : S. Callahan discusses the issue in detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is just fine to do, the guy did not make it to the high school he was supposed to, and did not prove he could produce. The new staff have no investment in him and shouldnt be shackled to him.

You know, I was a Bo fan, and wanted him to succeed. But he's not here anymore, so why people are aligning themselves against the current staff without them blowing a whistle yet is a little hard to comprehend.

For me (and I think I can speak for CT as well), this has NOTHING to do with Bo. It seems to me that a lot of the references to Bo keep coming from those that wanted him gone.

Okay the podcast is up....and I'm listening....

---Sean said there was a little confusion about Kevin for the last six months.....a guy who not was not eligible, Achilles injury and he played JV football.....at that point in time a lot of teams would have parted ways with him.....Nu did not have a lot of contact with him during the season...they had some...Barney Cotton did go down and watch him during one of the Huskers bye weeks....but as a TE.....Bo and staff were not interested in him as a QB....but as a TE.....and they knew that down at his HS.....

----Just too many questions with this guy......its a tough thing to do but that is the business of big-time college football.....if its not going to work out and you are a new coach in town you have to look at it and yes SE said they were going to honor all of the scholarships, but there were some questions from the new coaches on what was his status (i.e. injuries) and Dillman was very quite.....unlike an Eric Lee.....hid under a rock all year.....Sean said they did not conduct an interview with him until yesterday.....the first since he committed in April.....(Sean said he did himself no favors by staying quite with the coaches)....he laid very low and that hurt him as well.....nobody knew much about him and kind of hid under a rock.....Sean said he and Nate were not impressed with him....especially as a QB....they did not think he was a 5-star talent....Nate knew there were better QBs out there....Joe Burrow would have committed to NU on the spot last Spring....they passed on him and took Kevin....a very perplexing thing....considering the Husker history of recruiting QBs....lot of red flags with Dillman and he should have been cut loose a long time ago.....but Bo and staff just never did....

-----He had injuries and academic questions.....And yes SE did say they would honor the scholarships.....but in Sean's mind NU did everything to try and do so.....there was no contact at all with him for the last two weeks....from the info they had he does not think they knew or realized he was even apart of the class....(I heard this about the last staff on another recruit with turnover too).....and it was not until his coaches reached out to NU this week that they realized it....Sean said its a tough deal.....Sean believes he stayed hidden because he was embarrassed to have to play JV....a lot of things happened that made him not happy.....even tougher now trying to figure out where he will go to school when he did not play varsity football.....

http://www.theticketfm.com/category/gaskins-stephens/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back