• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Dillman's scholarship rescinded: Update : S. Callahan discusses the issue in detail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Did ADSE say that we would honor all offers or honor all scholarships?

Said we would honor all commitments in regards to current recruits. I found the quote/transcript and posted it earlier in this thread. Long thread, so here it is again:
Recruiting is important, and we will honor any commitments we have made, and we would hope those young people have looked at Nebraska as a place to get an education and play football at the highest level.
http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=209788295

Definitely something he shouldn't have said.

That transcript by SC seems a little dissembling. I think SE screwed up here if he didn't plan to require MR to honor all scholarships.

Not a huge deal, because this stuff happens it appears, and it sure looks like it was warranted not to honor Dillman's. MR just should have been more careful.

How so? Not sure he did anything wrong.....from all I can gather and have heard it was the right decision....from Clearing House issues to injury concerns....I have actually heard that he may have to go the JUCO route....we shall see....

This stuff happens all of the time....its not a Nebraska issue....regardless of what the AD said MR had to do what was right for he program and it seems a lot of folks are forgetting that....

That transcript by SC seems a little dissembling. I think SE screwed up here if he didn't plan to require MR to honor all scholarships.

Not a huge deal, because this stuff happens it appears, and it sure looks like it was warranted not to honor Dillman's. MR just should have been more careful.

Last edited:
How so? Not sure he did anything wrong.....from all I can gather and have heard it was the right decision....from Clearing House issues to injury concerns....I have actually heard that he may have to go the JUCO route....we shall see....

This stuff happens all of the time....its not a Nebraska issue....regardless of what the AD said MR had to do what was right for he program and it seems a lot of folks are forgetting that....

I am sorry and with all due respect, that is sort of bunk. Reality is SE promised in public at a press conference that all commitments would be honored and that did not happen. Whether he lied to make things sound good to the public or for the benefit of the doubt he completely screwed up, it looks bad and comes across as disingenuous. For us to say it is not a big deal and it happens is wrong. These type of tactics is what we complain about the SEC...we can't have our cake and eat it to. If this is the model then fine, let's just all make sure we all get off our high horse when it comes to other schools recruiting tactics.

No its not....could not disagree with this post more...its not a big deal it happens all the time...happened twice under Pelini....so not its not wrong....

Tactics? Are you serious? This is a blip on the SEC radar....look no further than Mississippi paying of the Stringfellow's

It appears he was not going to qualify.....

Good Lord....the drama over one kid because an AD misspoke is baffling....

I am sorry and with all due respect, that is sort of bunk. Reality is SE promised in public at a press conference that all commitments would be honored and that did not happen. Whether he lied to make things sound good to the public or for the benefit of the doubt he completely screwed up, it looks bad and comes across as disingenuous. For us to say it is not a big deal and it happens is wrong. These type of tactics is what we complain about the SEC...we can't have our cake and eat it to. If this is the model then fine, let's just all make sure we all get off our high horse when it comes to other schools recruiting tactics.

Its been said in these threads that Dillman would be a TE at Nebraska. I understand why he couldn't play varsity football this past year. What I don't understand is why he wasn't playing TE on the JV team instead of QB. Wouldn't it make sense for him to gain experience at the position he would be playing at the next level? Or was he convinced that he would be playing QB at Nebraska. Seems like there are unanswered questions here. Many unanswered questions.

No its not....could not disagree with this post more...its not a big deal it happens all the time...happened twice under Pelini....so not its not wrong....

Tactics? Are you serious? This is a blip on the SEC radar....look no further than Mississippi paying of the Stringfellow's

It appears he was not going to qualify.....

Good Lord....the drama over one kid because an AD misspoke is baffling....

Just think it is wrong to lie or I am sorry "misspoke" (again for the benefit of the doubt), but I get it if NU (under Pelini or Riley or Osborne or whomever) does something that might be considered shady it is the way things are done, if other schools or conferences do it then they are nothing but cheaters. Point is we should call out our own crap, just like we do others if it stinks as well.

It happens....its done....and as for questions....good luck getting an answer.......I don't mean to sound like a hard ass....but recruiting is a nasty business....not for the faint of heart....

Nebraska has a sterling reputation on the recruiting trial....say what you want about Bo Pelini this was one area he and we can be proud of the way he conducted himself and represented the school....

Its been said in these threads that Dillman would be a TE at Nebraska. I understand why he couldn't play varsity football this past year. What I don't understand is why he wasn't playing TE on the JV team instead of QB. Wouldn't it make sense for him to gain experience at the position he would be playing at the next level? Or was he convinced that he would be playing QB at Nebraska. Seems like there are unanswered questions here. Many unanswered questions.

Last edited:
With all due respect I don't think you get it.....but that is just me.....no offense meant....

Just think it is wrong to lie or I am sorry "misspoke" (again for the benefit of the doubt), but I get it if NU (under Pelini or Riley or Osborne or whomever) does something that might be considered shady it is the way things are done, if other schools or conferences do it then they are nothing but cheaters. Point is we should call out our own crap, just like we do others if it stinks as well.

Perhaps you would have preferred SE say something to the effect of "provided all matters are in order regarding the status of each current recruit offered by the previous staff" - would that make this more palatable for you?

Scholarships get withdrawn all the time for lots of reasons. It happens all the time with virtually every program. I'm not going to say all programs b/c I don't think its worth the effort to research it. What's the big deal? Dillman is the only one out of the group that Bo recruited that had his offer withdrawn. We don't know all the facts, yet some have managed to get their panties in a wad. lt sounds to me like the anger over the scholarship offer withdrawal is just another way to voice displeasure about Bo's firing without having to beat that dead horse.

I think there needs to be some leeway here due to a coaching change. I think Dillman's coach understands that. I think most HS coaches would understand that. MR will carve his own path and forge his own relationships with these coaches and programs. What SE said, should have said, should not have said will be forgotten in short order. This isn't SEC-ish by any means.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back