• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Dillman's scholarship rescinded: Update : S. Callahan discusses the issue in detail

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is not the whole story....there was a reason he played JV....because the folks who made the rules in TX would not approve him to play varsity after his transfer from CA....

He did play varsity in CA at a very good school.....

His problem it seems is he should have checked out what the ruling would be before he transferred.....

Cmon guys... Dude played JV football at a position he wasn't recruited at... JV FOOTBALL!!!!! And the district they are in, cmon, I bet they ROLLED over people. Their varsity team last year got sued by another team in their district for running up the score, if that tells you anything about Guyers district.

So you really want a kid that is completely unchallenged and playing against kids that cant even drive yet? Cmon....

Cmon guys... Dude played JV football at a position he wasn't recruited at... JV FOOTBALL!!!!! And the district they are in, cmon, I bet they ROLLED over people. Their varsity team last year got sued by another team in their district for running up the score, if that tells you anything about Guyers district.

So you really want a kid that is completely unchallenged and playing against kids that cant even drive yet? Cmon....

If craping all over a player to justify it makes you feel better, good for you, but I highly doubt that is the main reason.

Its troubling if for nothing more than timing. I do hope that at some point in the future there is an explanation, however I highly doubt it will be nothing more than "it was not a good fit"

His problem it seems is he should have checked out what the ruling would be before he transferred.....

Exactly this... his problem... He could have gone to a private school and played there... But didnt... Chose to play JV and at a position he wasnt recruited for... Even helped coach the Varsity QB... Yes... I have read all the articles... and yes I live in Texas... This kid seemed to make all the wrong choices for his recruitment to be a success. That is not anyone's fault but the mirror he looks in each day..

I do not know what he said....I've seen one report as to what was said....and that came from Kevin's guardian.....at this point in time I'm taking it with a grain of salt....because frankly it just does sound right to me.....

Credibility because he let a kid go from a scholarship? That would put just about every head coach in the 1A division at peril then....it happens everywhere...every year....

Cooling on kids and not contacting them happens all over the country too....recruiting is a nasty business and not for the faint of heart.....FWIW Bo did it twice....and his reputation is beyond reproach for the most part on the recruiting trail.....

I'm not trying to minimize this, but in the scheme of things this is minor stuff at best.....

I'll say it again lets wait and hopefully get the story in context.....instead of he said and she said as it appears to be now.....

Do you think Denton Guyer's HC would say publicly that Dillman hadn't heard from the new staff and he reached out to them, and at that point was notified that Dillman didn't have a scholarship if it wasn't true? He'd lose so much credibility if that's the case.
I'm not disputing that there's probably more to the story about WHY his scholly was pulled. I'm commenting on the method to tell him.

Last edited:

In fairness to him he has lived in this country for 2 years....and I suspect was relying heavily on the advice of those appointed as his legal guardians....

Exactly this... his problem... He could have gone to a private school and played there... But didnt... Chose to play JV and at a position he wasnt recruited for... Even helped coach the Varsity QB... Yes... I have read all the articles... and yes I live in Texas... This kid seemed to make all the wrong choices for his recruitment to be a success. That is not anyone's fault but the mirror he looks in each day..

If craping all over a player to justify it makes you feel better, good for you, but I highly doubt that is the main reason.

How is being factual crapping on a kid.. ? This "kid" made his choices or his "legal guardians" did... Crappy choices IMHO, but that doesn't in any way mean the kid is douche or anything of the sort. Actually I'm going to take a guess and say he is problem a very nice young man who made some poor choices.

Listen... If you just became the head coach of say... Nebraska... And you start looking over your recruits and see a TE, you expect to have some film of him playing TE right? But instead you go check out his senior year hudl video of him playing QB... In JV... Then your like, this cant be right.. let me go see the varsity video for Denton... And then your like... awhh.. there he is... on the sidelines... in street clothes? Talking with the QB of the Varsity team?

Your going to be going like... WTH is going on here? Right?

Yet you want to act like this kid didnt make this choices... He was TOLD to do this... Well, that just isnt true... He had choices... He or said "guardian" made bad ones... And that reflects on him... Sorry, but its really that simple...

LanceM

How is being factual crapping on a kid.. ? This "kid" made his choices or his "legal guardians" did... Crappy choices IMHO, but that doesn't in any way mean the kid is douche or anything of the sort. Actually I'm going to take a guess and say he is problem a very nice young man who made some poor choices.

Listen... If you just became the head coach of say... Nebraska... And you start looking over your recruits and see a TE, you expect to have some film of him playing TE right? But instead you go check out his senior year hudl video of him playing QB... In JV... Then your like, this cant be right.. let me go see the varsity video for Denton... And then your like... awhh.. there he is... on the sidelines... in street clothes? Talking with the QB of the Varsity team?

Your going to be going like... WTH is going on here? Right?

Yet you want to act like this kid didnt make this choices... He was TOLD to do this... Well, that just isnt true... He had choices... He or said "guardian" made bad ones... And that reflects on him... Sorry, but its really that simple...

LanceM

and then talk to someone at NU that knows the history of the offer?

And yes... I do want to hear Nebs side of it, but I bet it will go along the lines of my previous post...

Do you think with all that is happening that this actually might NOT have happened?

Who knows... But Im just looking at it from the Neb side of things... Not from the recruits side of things..

Something broke down, did it not?

Do you think with all that is happening that this actually might NOT have happened?

Who knows... But Im just looking at it from the Neb side of things... Not from the recruits side of things..

Something broke down, did it not?

I was just responding to your theory. Made sense to me except him asking someone on the staff. So I offered that as an addition to your theory. Not saying anything happened or not.

Except SE said all scholarships would be honored and Dillman's coach and Dillman saying the scholarship has been pulled. That we know was said.

Waiting for the rest of the story.

Lets just take a guess that the conversations if it DID happen...

Recruiting coach to new head coach... Listen we have this kid down in Texas... Going to be one hell of a TE... But right now, he is playing JV football at QB... Could have transferred to a private school and played QB or heck, even TE at the varsity level but for some reason <insert whatever reason you want here> chose to play with 15 and 16 yr old kids.. Put up great numbers... Will be a great asset at TE Im sure of it...

Head coach to recruiting coach... Any video of him playing TE at any level?

Recruiting coach to head coach... Nope just JV QB....

Head coach to recruitng coach.... laughing out loud... Next....

that was a complete attempt at humor btw

I was not actually there if and when this imaginary conversation took place...

Last edited:

Lets just take a guess that the conversations if it DID happen...

Recruiting coach to new head coach... Listen we have this kid down in Texas... Going to be one hell of a TE... But right now, he is playing JV football at QB... Could have transferred to a private school and played QB or heck, even TE at the varsity level but for some reason <insert whatever="" reason="" you="" want="" here=""> chose to play with 15 and 16 yr old kids.. Put up great numbers... Will be a great asset at TE Im sure of it...

Head coach to recruiting coach... Any video of him playing TE at any level?

Recruiting coach to head coach... Nope just JV QB....

Head coach to recruitng coach.... laughing out loud... Next....

Do you not realize that MANY recruits play different positions in high school than they project to in college?

reminds me of our DE (name escapes me) from a decade ago that was a HS QB.</insert>

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back