• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked David Knevel says Huskers now No. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
His final 3 are NU, Alabama and West Virginia, all three schools will have in-homes this week, and he will make his decision next weekend.

Beck was up here Thursday or Friday and Alabama had coaches up here earlier in the week. Don't know about WVU.

I would think that Alabama would be a massive culture shock for someone from Canada. Heck, Alabama is a massive culture shock for people from just about everywhere else in the US.

I would think that Alabama would be a massive culture shock for someone from Canada. Heck, Alabama is a massive culture shock for people from just about everywhere else in the US.

So true. The heat and humidity, in addition to the extreme culture shock of the deepest part of the south will require a lot of adjusting. Alabama is another planet all together.

I feel good about this one even with Saban and Alabama involved....keeping my fingers crossed....thanks again...:)

I still like NU as well. We have been on him hard for so long and he is pretty much guaranteed to get extensive PT should he choose Nebraska. Also, he must know Alabama's reputation on cutting oversigning/cutting kids. I wonder if any type of "loyalty" will be shown, since we have been in on him for the long haul unlike Alabama. From everything I read his parent's opinion means a lot to him.

Alabama is so loaded at his position that he may get lost in the shuffle and be lucky to start before he is a Jr....at Nebraska he will see allot of playing time as more than likely a RS-Frosh.....

Bo is going up to his home in Brantford, Ontario this week....hopefully he is able to get his commit....

More opportunity at Nebraska and a chance to help the program move even more forward....

I lived in the Panhandle in FL and went up to Alabama all the time....the humid weather their is ungodly....we may actually have a location advantage this time....but you never know......

I still like NU as well. We have been on him hard for so long and he is pretty much guaranteed to get extensive PT should he choose Nebraska. Also, he must know Alabama's reputation on cutting oversigning/cutting kids. I wonder if any type of "loyalty" will be shown, since we have been in on him for the long haul unlike Alabama. From everything I read his parent's opinion means a lot to him.

If this turns out to be true would be devistating to Alabama....and would more than likely send Knevel our way....

Not gonna lie... I would not mind seeing this happen. Nick Saban out of college football would be great news for everybody not associated with Alabama for SO many reasons! :p

If this turns out to be true would be devistating to Alabama....and would more than likely send Knevel our way....

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsport...tion-again-connects-nick-saban-to-the-browns/

http://tracking.si.com/2012/12/10/nick-saban-cleveland-browns-coach/

I heard an interview from Nick's wife, sounds like life at Alabama has gotten taxing, winning just isn't as fun as it used to be. Only one place for them to go and that's down, Nick knows it, wants to leave his mark on the NFL as well IMO. Wouldn't shock me to see him leave win or Loss the NCG

Sounds like 'Bama is slow playing him....right now they have no room for him.....bottom line is he is a 'plan B'.....however, they are going to see what they 'can do' (Saban and the SEC and their 'magic').....if I was his dad we would run so fast the other way it would not even be funny.....I suspect they are waiting on an answer from someone else they want more...

I do not get kids or parents who play into this stuff....Saban is as slick as they come....

Decision is going to be Friday evening.....Bama has until then to say yes or no....my gut tells me he will be 'N'.....but the way 17 year olds decide on this sort of stuff I have no clue what will happen....

I have to admit as positive as I am this one really disappoints me....that what is so obvious a kid and a family just do not see...

Bo has in-home this week....so does WVU and Bama....

Tid bit from Nate CLouse on Sports Nightly tonight:

---David Knevel got an offer from Alabama over the weekend on an unofficial visit and did not commit....which bodes well for Nebraska....has built a very close relatinships with the Husker coaching staff and in recruiting that is huge....

I heard an interview from Nick's wife, sounds like life at Alabama has gotten taxing, winning just isn't as fun as it used to be. Only one place for them to go and that's down, Nick knows it, wants to leave his mark on the NFL as well IMO. Wouldn't shock me to see him leave win or Loss the NCG

Lots of coaches say it was easier/more fun to build it up than to sustain it. I think that was a big factor in Pete Carroll leaving USC as much or more than the prospect of sanctions.

Sounds like 'Bama is slow playing him....right now they have no room for him.....bottom line is he is a 'plan B'.....however, they are going to see what they 'can do' (Saban and the SEC and their 'magic').....if I was his dad we would run so fast the other way it would not even be funny.....I suspect they are waiting on an answer from someone else they want more...

I do not get kids or parents who play into this stuff....Saban is as slick as they come....

Decision is going to be Friday evening.....Bama has until then to say yes or no....my gut tells me he will be 'N'.....but the way 17 year olds decide on this sort of stuff I have no clue what will happen....

I have to admit as positive as I am this one really disappoints me....that what is so obvious a kid and a family just do not see...

Bo has in-home this week....so does WVU and Bama....

Bama flew in coaching staff last week for in home. Can't be to disappointed Red. Bama has been the power team for a while now and to have them show interest in you would spin any kid's head, unless of coarse you were an Auburn fan.

I guess I just don't get all this "why would a kid want to play for that slick Saban guy" stuff. I view it more the opposite. If you are a stud high school player, you want to go play with the best... period.

Honestly, RR, I see where you are coming from with all this, but really, why wouldn't a kid want to play for a great coach on a great team that competes for titles.... and not just division titles? Bama has been putting out Outland trophy winners and NFL linemen like NU in the distant past. The kid is smart to check 'em out if they are showing interest in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back