• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked David Knevel says Huskers now No. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is old news....:)

FWIW if I was a kid I'd be careful with Saban....may not have your scholarship a year from now...

Kids keep biting none-the-less....

Listening to Mike Schaefer on Sharpe and Benning this morning. It sounds like Bama is making a late play for Knevel. The Tide coaches are to go visit with David this weekend and he may take a visit down there. :mad:

That is old news....:)

FWIW if I was a kid I'd be careful with Saban....may not have your scholarship a year from now...

You and I know this, but the average 17-18 year old doesn't think about that. All the know is that this guy's team is playing for yet another national title this year.

They see stars....and often the mom and dad are just as bad and don't provide the guidance needed....boy glad my dad kept me grounded in all things in sport and life.....

National titles are great if you not three deep on the bench watching them....or goen to another school after your full ride has been pulled....

Saban is snake oil salesmen of the top order....

You and I know this, but the average 17-18 year old doesn't think about that. All the know is that this guy's team is playing for yet another national title this year.

They see stars....and often the mom and dad are just as bad and don't provide the guidance needed....boy glad my dad kept me grounded in all things in sport and life.....

National titles are great if you not three deep on the bench watching them....or goen to another school after your full ride has been pulled....

Saban is snake oil salesmen of the top order....

No argument from me on all accounts. I'm hoping he doesn't fall into this category.

Well, if he is as good as you guys say, he'll keep his scholarship, no problem. Bama has had some great o-linemen as of late. Can't fault the kid for wanting to be a part of that.

I'm not so sure Alabama has that much of an advantage here. Just finished reading a thread where most of the B1G teams (including Nebraska) commit to 4-year athletic scholarships. If someone coming in has any concern about making the transition from say, Canadian HS football to US Division I, wouldn't you rather be recruited by program offering a 4 year commitment vs. a program notorious for cutting-loose underachievers?

Well this should be interesting. Coach Beck had a visit with the Knevel family. Went well, but going down to Alabama on their own dime this weekend makes me a little nervous.

Nate Clouse reported he got an offer from Bama today. We will see where things go from here

Everyone preaches relationships built during the "process". We will see if Knevel is a relationship man or just after the next big thing...

His final 3 are NU, Alabama and West Virginia, all three schools will have in-homes this week, and he will make his decision next weekend.

Too bad David Knevel will probably never see the 33,831 views on this thread alone. :wow: That should tell you HuskerNation wants you! It tells me HuskerMax wants you to pony up lurkers!!

Yes. Ponied up the $20 for the first time yesteday. $20 for Husker News in one place is very reasonable. Should have done it along time ago. I would hate to lose this site.

Yes. Ponied up the $20 for the first time yesteday. $20 for Husker News in one place is very reasonable. Should have done it along time ago. I would hate to lose this site.

Welcome by the way! Too many good people around here to let that happen!

I feel good about this one even with Saban and Alabama involved....keeping my fingers crossed....thanks again...:)

His final 3 are NU, Alabama and West Virginia, all three schools will have in-homes this week, and he will make his decision next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back