• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked David Knevel says Huskers now No. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the latest scoop. David will be making a decision by Sunday. Don't ask me for my source or a link because I can't tell you that. But the, word is David will not go through another weekend without committing to the school of his liking. As has been reported, the schools he has narrowed things down too are Nebraska, Alabama, and West Virginia. Coach Beck was into to see David and his family last week and reportedly things went very well. Knevel is going through all of his options at this point. The scuttlebutt is David will probably end up "N". The scuttlebutt also is Alabama is slow playing David. He does have a offer from Alabama, but it's not a committable offer, but there just keeping him "warm".

Here is the latest scoop. David will be making a decision by Sunday. Don't ask me for my source or a link because I can't tell you that. But the, word is David will not go through another weekend without committing to the school of his liking. As has been reported, the schools he has narrowed things down too are Nebraska, Alabama, and West Virginia. Coach Beck was into to see David and his family last week and reportedly things went very well. Knevel is going through all of his options at this point. The scuttlebutt is David will probably end up "N". The scuttlebutt also is Alabama is slow playing David. He does have a offer from Alabama, but it's not a committable offer, but there just keeping him "warm".

Thanks for the info and I hope you're right. Keeping my fingers crossed.

I think kids do want to play for the best....and I agree with what you are saying....but Saban's reputation would make pause as a parent and wonder do I want my son playing for him knowing the things he has doen to kids in the past...

I do not blame him for checking out Alabama....more power to him....and if that is his coice then best of luck to him...

I guess I just don't get all this "why would a kid want to play for that slick Saban guy" stuff. I view it more the opposite. If you are a stud high school player, you want to go play with the best... period.

Honestly, RR, I see where you are coming from with all this, but really, why wouldn't a kid want to play for a great coach on a great team that competes for titles.... and not just division titles? Bama has been putting out Outland trophy winners and NFL linemen like NU in the distant past. The kid is smart to check 'em out if they are showing interest in him.

That...:)

I think kids do want to play for the best....and I agree with what you are saying....but Saban's reputation would make pause as a parent and wonder do I want my son playing for him knowing the things he has doen to kids in the past...

I do not blame him for checking out Alabama....more power to him....and if that is his coice then best of luck to him...

Nick Saban is only a slimeball if you're not on the two-deep. If you're a contributing factor to the team and a starter, there isn't a better coach and program to play for as far as professional prospects are concerned. And what kid who has 4-stars and dominates his high school competition doesn't think he isn't going to start where ever he goes? They all do!! So sure, they are aware of kids basically getting forced off the team, but no one thinks it will happen to them. All athletes get to an elite level by having confidence in their abilities. They don't think, "what if I'm not good enough and coach pulls a scholly away from me in 2 years..." ya know?

It's easy for us to see, but I doubt that is how high-level athletes think.

Last edited:
Go and tell that to the Miami Dolphins the way he left their after he failed....i suspect he would be less than welcomed back...and the same goes at LSU and Michigan State....the guy is just not a nice guy....and the way he treats kids and then discards them makes him a slime ball in my book....

Sure the starters are going to like him....until they get hurt and then get cast aside....

And yeah I understand most great players think they can do it where ever they go....

More see it than you think....

But fair enough....some good points...:)

Nick Saban is only a slimeball if you're not on the two-deep. If you're a contributing factor to the team and a starter, there isn't a better coach and program to play for as far as professional prospects are concerned. And what kid who has 4-stars and dominates his high school competition doesn't think he isn't going to start where ever he goes? They all do!! So sure, they are aware of kids basically getting forced off the team, but no one thinks it will happen to them. All athletes get to an elite level by having confidence in their abilities. They don't think, "what if I'm not good enough and coach pulls a scholly away from me in 2 years..." ya know?

It's easy for us to see, but I doubt that is how high-level athletes think.

I'm not so sure Alabama has that much of an advantage here. Just finished reading a thread where most of the B1G teams (including Nebraska) commit to 4-year athletic scholarships. If someone coming in has any concern about making the transition from say, Canadian HS football to US Division I, wouldn't you rather be recruited by program offering a 4 year commitment vs. a program notorious for cutting-loose underachievers?

This is also true, but you never know what priorities rest with a 17-19 year old. Sometimes they see the lights and just walk towards it without understanding the dangers that they are being blinded of. And Saban's a smart guy. He has a way of convincing these kids it is something other than what it is.

You and I agree on this....as Pastor said though it looks like this is not a commitable offer yet...scuttlebutt is they either do have the room or or are waiting for another recruti to make a decision...

He wants to make a decision by this weekend....so Saban has to wee wee or get off the pot soon....

I sitll like our chances on this one....

This is also true, but you never know what priorities rest with a 17-19 year old. Sometimes they see the lights and just walk towards it without understanding the dangers that they are being blinded of. And Saban's a smart guy. He has a way of convincing these kids it is something other than what it is.

True Dat! Just hope his parents are a little 'smarter' than Saban, and don't get starry-eyed.

You and I agree on this....as Pastor said though it looks like this is not a commitable offer yet...scuttlebutt is they either do have the room or or are waiting for another recruti to make a decision...

He wants to make a decision by this weekend....so Saban has to wee wee or get off the pot soon....

I sitll like our chances on this one....

I'm with it. I hope he's N....I like this recruit.

Hopefully he cloeses this.....:)

Steven M. Sipple @HuskerExtraSip
Where's Bo Pelini? According to HuskerOnline.com, the #Huskers coach tonight will visit OT prospect David Knevel in Ontario.
Bo needs to throw a pair of Bauer's over his shoulder and walk into the Knevel household. That'll put NU over the top! :lol: For those of you that don't know what Bauer's are, they are a hockey skate (equipment) manufacturer.

Yeah...that would do it....:)

Damn NHL....:(

Bo needs to throw a pair of Bauer's over his shoulder and walk into the Knevel household. That'll put NU over the top! :lol: For those of you that don't know what Bauer's are, they are a hockey skate (equipment) manufacturer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back