• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked David Knevel says Huskers now No. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB to Arky helps us tremendously on this front. I would be entirely shocked if he doesnt commit here. Alabama will push for him, but I still feel he ends up here.

Last edited:
I will say/write it one more time Knevel had ruled out Wisconsin a few weeks ago so Beilema going to Arkansas is not a player.....

BB to Arky helps us tremendously on this front. I would be entirely shocked if he doesnt commit here. Alabama will push for him, but I still feel he ends up here.

I will say/write it one more time Knevel had ruled out Wisconsin a few weeks ago so Beilema going to Arkansas is not a player.....

I can with nearly 100% certainty tell you Wisconsin was very much an interest to Knevel as few as 5 days ago. The slow play you are refering too has been blown out of proportion. The concern to everone has been the difference of competition from Canadian high school football to American.

Plenty of kids come from Canada to the USA and do just fine....you may recall Baylor had a kid from BC (lineman) who was a first round draft pick in the NFL a few years back...so I have to disagree....everyone does not have that concern....if they did this kid would not be getting the offers he is....he is legit.....

And Nebraska has had a couple of good one's from Canada in Kabongo and Deidrick.....

I won't question your 100% certainty....I respect your opinion and sources.....bottom line is Wisconsin is not in this anymore....

FWIW he has no offer from Alabama....but as we all know that could change upon his unofficial visit their.....and honestly I do not blame him for making the visit....might as well make sure before you make a decision....

I can with nearly 100% certainty tell you Wisconsin was very much an interest to Knevel as few as 5 days ago. The slow play you are refering too has been blown out of proportion. The concern to everone has been the difference of competition from Canadian high school football to American.

Last edited:
Plenty of kids come from Canada to the USA and do just fine....you may recall Baylor had a kid from BC (lineman) who was a first round draft pick in the NFL a few years back...so I have to disagree....everyone does not have that concern....if they did this kid would not be getting the offers he is....he is legit.....

And Nebraska has had a couple of good one's from Canada in Kabongo and Deidrick.....

I won't question your 100% certainty....I respect your opinion and sources.....bottom line is Wisconsin is not in this anymore....

FWIW he has no offer from Alabama....but as we all know that could change upon his unofficial visit their.....and honestly I do not blame him for making the visit....might as well make sure before you make a decision....

I never said coming from Canada equals failure in the US. I know several players from Canada that have gone on had had tremendous success in college and the pros, and the ones you pointed out from Nebraska are great examples. This kid is a very good player regardless of where hes from, but the most common question when evaluating him has been in regards to his level of competition. Thats no knock to him because hes dominating and would probably still dominate if he played in a 6A school in Texas. But if hes from Texas, California, Ohio, Florida etc, hes a high 4 star kid across the board. Wisconsin is out of it, but it wasnt ruled out as long ago as some are saying. I could see Bama offering him as they only have one OT committed right now and I think Knevel is extremely underrated as it stands. It will be interesting to see this one shake out.

But you said this:

The concern to everone has been the difference of competition from Canadian high school football to American.

And I commented on that....and I never said you said it equaled failure....I simply pointed out that many kids from Canada do quite well in the USA....

I said a while back I thought he could be a 5-star talent if played in the USA....4-star as it is....I also posted an article about a 'camp' they have in Ontario after he came on our radar that helps kids make the transition from 12 man (CFL rule) footbal in Canada to 11 man football in the USA.....

So I think you mistook what I was trying to say....and if I was not clear enough then I apologize....seems we are on the same page...:)

I agree it will be interesting.....I think we still have a chance in this fight....

I never said coming from Canada equals failure in the US. I know several players from Canada that have gone on had had tremendous success in college and the pros, and the ones you pointed out from Nebraska are great examples. This kid is a very good player regardless of where hes from, but the most common question when evaluating him has been in regards to his level of competition. Thats no knock to him because hes dominating and would probably still dominate if he played in a 6A school in Texas. But if hes from Texas, California, Ohio, Florida etc, hes a high 4 star kid across the board. Wisconsin is out of it, but it wasnt ruled out as long ago as some are saying. I could see Bama offering him as they only have one OT committed right now and I think Knevel is extremely underrated as it stands. It will be interesting to see this one shake out.

Last edited:

But you said this:

And I commented on that....and I never said you said it equaled failure....I simply pointed out that many kids from Canada do quite well in the USA....

I said a while back I thought the could be a 5-star talent if played in the USA....4-star as it is....I also posted an article about a 'camp' they have in Ontario after he came on our radar that helps kids make the transition from 12 man (CFL rule) footbal in Canada to 11 man football in the USA.....

So mistook what I was trying to say....and if I was not clear enough then I apologize....seems we are on the same page...:)

I agree it will be interesting.....I think we still have a chance in this fight....

No need for an apology you bring way more to the recruiting forum than I could even attempt. Good players are good, period, no matter where they are from, but canadian high school football as a whole is pretty bad when compared to their american counter parts.

No argument I agree....the standard is not real high up their and they pattern it off of the CFL...which makes sense....and a handful of kids make it ot the US every year...which is not bad in the scheme of things....with a population of only 34M in the whole country....less than CA...:)

No need for an apology you bring way more to the recruiting forum than I could even attempt. Good players are good, period, no matter where they are from, but canadian high school football as a whole is pretty bad when compared to their american counter parts.

No argument I agree....the standard is not real high up their and they pattern it off of the CFL...which makes sense....and a handful of kids make it ot the US every year...which is not bad in the scheme of things....with a population of only 34M in the whole country....less than CA...:)

Lol, I see why, who would want to practice outside in the "spring" when theres still 5 feet of snow and its still -10 below??

Last edited:

If I could jump in, The coaching has always been the differance maker here. The talent is abundant and the clinic's and coaching has jumped big time, expect to see more Canuck's heading south in the future. More high schools have beefed up the coaching ranks and some school areas have even explored the possibilty of going to 4 down football. Don't think that will happen though.We are seeing more and more peewee and midget football leagues start up. I really think that we are untapped and the schools such as Syracuse are picking the talent from just across the border. Hockey rules though and with global warming we aren't freezing in the spring anymore. GBR

Thanks my good friend.....good stuff....learned a bit more reading this....

I stil think we are in this and would not be surprised to see him 'N' before its done and said.....

He is taking his time to make the right decision for him....

If I could jump in, The coaching has always been the differance maker here. The talent is abundant and the clinic's and coaching has jumped big time, expect to see more Canuck's heading south in the future. More high schools have beefed up the coaching ranks and some school areas have even explored the possibilty of going to 4 down football. Don't think that will happen though.We are seeing more and more peewee and midget football leagues start up. I really think that we are untapped and the schools such as Syracuse are picking the talent from just across the border. Hockey rules though and with global warming we aren't freezing in the spring anymore. GBR

Listening to Mike Schaefer on Sharpe and Benning this morning. It sounds like Bama is making a late play for Knevel. The Tide coaches are to go visit with David this weekend and he may take a visit down there. :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back