• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dana Holgorsen In Talks About A Possible Role On Huskers Staff

It was posted earlier in the thread, my guess is he's already a done deal. Dana didn't want to be bothered for a bit. Think month long vacation, on a remote island somewhere warm, would be my guess.
Time to reconnoiter no doubt in his steady climb towards success, keeps him close, surrounded by some of the best coaching aspects around given full support.

I would think they'd want to announce it well before Feb 7 and say effective Apr 2 (or whatever.) I keep thinking the longer this goes on, the less likely it will happen.

We might learn more as soon as the Steelers are eliminated.
I guess I don't see the timing of the announcement as being meaningful. It's not like we're going to get a new QB because he's coming here, we already have the players in place that may be affected by him being here. And as for working with the QBs I don't think that would be happening for a while so him not being here for a while won't matter there either.

The timing of announcements can be a factor when it comes to players, but in this case it seems the only ones affected are the fans.

Dang, forgot all about this. What does Holgorson potentially bring to the table again?

other then a certain player-pumping electricity...

1705343880448.png

Last edited:
I mean… DH is probably a top 5 OC in college football. I can’t name many off the top who are better or have that insane of a track record. We could very well be clearing salary space for his arrival.

Guess Dana was not the first choice? Reading that we got a QB coach from the Steelers.

I tell you, DH creates a lot of static everywhere he goes. He is ubiquitously eclectic and electric. What a cool juxtaposition photo that would be of coaches Thomas and DH together. Turd?

Guess Dana was not the first choice? Reading that we got a QB coach from the Steelers.

It sounds like we were offering him an analyst role, and he's probably holding out for a coaching position. I have to think Glenn Thomas was locked down weeks ago, so there was no reason to string DH along.

There are still a few dominoes to fall. If DH doesn't land somewhere as on OC or QB coach, I'd wager he'll end up in Lincoln as an analyst.

It sounds like we were offering him an analyst role, and he's probably holding out for a coaching position. I have to think Glenn Thomas was locked down weeks ago, so there was no reason to string DH along.

There are still a few dominoes to fall. If DH doesn't land somewhere as on OC or QB coach, I'd wager he'll end up in Lincoln as an analyst.

The rumor was pretty solid for weeks that the season needed to end for the Stealers before this was announced so the assumption was DH was in discussion to join the staff as an analyst. Whether or not DH joins remains to be seen, but I would welcome his addition as analyst and we can ride use his talents and wisdom for perhaps a year as he gets his feet back under him again. Kind of how Saban has rehabbed talent in this role. For the right coach and the right reasons, this could be win win. Again, remains to be seen on if DH joins. Hoping he does.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back