• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dana Holgorsen In Talks About A Possible Role On Huskers Staff

Yes! Less bureaucrats and more hands on people that make an actual difference!
I don't know if it is fair to qualify these guys as 'bureaucrats' or non difference makers. Omar Hales was pretty well-regarded for his role in recruiting.

DH as an analyst would be an amazing get and even more of a sign that Rhule knows what he's doing.

I don't know if it is fair to qualify these guys as 'bureaucrats' or non difference makers. Omar Hales was pretty well-regarded for his role in recruiting.

DH as an analyst would be an amazing get and even more of a sign that Rhule knows what he's doing.
Hales was well regarded yes! The others I never heard of. Obviously the athletic department sees this guys as expendable. They are the ones that matter

It sounds like we were offering him an analyst role, and he's probably holding out for a coaching position. I have to think Glenn Thomas was locked down weeks ago, so there was no reason to string DH along.

There are still a few dominoes to fall. If DH doesn't land somewhere as on OC or QB coach, I'd wager he'll end up in Lincoln as an analyst.
If he is willing to come in as a coach, you make room for him. This staff desperately needs experienced coaches and Thomas is a good start. But if we want to be like the big boys, we need to do more.

We bring in better players and squeeze current ones out. Why wouldn't coaches be held to the same standard?

If he is willing to come in as a coach, you make room for him. This staff desperately needs experienced coaches and Thomas is a good start. But if we want to be like the big boys, we need to do more.

We bring in better players and squeeze current ones out. Why wouldn't coaches be held to the same standard?
But you bring him in as an analyst and in June if the NCAA vote goes the way it sounds like it will, he's a coach.

I was told it's 50/50 on Holgorsen right now and that if he does take the job it would be announced in a few weeks.
I think he has to get used to not being a HC, the ncaa ruling has to include him for what we'll use him for.
The latter likely the most important. MR needed time after his NFL debacle, I'm certain he and DH are on the same page here, take the time to get a feel for this new situation you're in. And thats likely contingent upon that ncaa ruling

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back