• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Dana Holgorsen In Talks About A Possible Role On Huskers Staff

I would hesitate to attribute an opinion to being "lazy". An opinion can be influenced by available information which may be lacking. It may be influenced by the coaches or players being reluctant to explain the real reasons for failures. A poster may be reluctant to blame a player and would rather blame a highly paid coach. It may be influenced by remembrances of other situations that do not necessarily pertain to the current situation.
Attributing another forum member's post to laziness may show a lack of effort in countering the opinion with better analysis. Or just being snarky is easier.

Of course sometimes we argue just to argue. As I just showed.
I'll have to keep an eye on U

Totally agree. All to often people accept the lazy answer. Once there, it can head off into any direction and usually does.
Cmon man. You need to pay attention to the influencers on social media and the current terminology. Using words and phrases like “regression”, “development”, “commitment to the running game”, and yes, “buddy hire” are signs you have adequate knowledge to be a knowledgeable fan in this era.

Cmon man. You need to pay attention to the influencers on social media and the current terminology. Using words and phrases like “regression”, “development”, “commitment to the running game”, and yes, “buddy hire” are signs you have adequate knowledge to be a knowledgeable fan in this era.
I flunked current terminology, did rather well in English when so applied.
Not that I don't get it, but when I know there's so much more to it I just won't apply it. Because there's so much more to it.
I guess that makes me lazy not using current terminology and I'm good with that.

A prev poster mentioned some info regarding the Holgerson situation as told G. Sharp, which was interesting, does anyone have more followup on that ?

I would hesitate to attribute an opinion to being "lazy". An opinion can be influenced by available information which may be lacking. It may be influenced by the coaches or players being reluctant to explain the real reasons for failures. A poster may be reluctant to blame a player and would rather blame a highly paid coach. It may be influenced by remembrances of other situations that do not necessarily pertain to the current situation.
Attributing another forum member's post to laziness may show a lack of effort in countering the opinion with better analysis. Or just being snarky is easier.

Of course sometimes we argue just to argue. As I just showed.
Choosing to jump to a conclusion, despite the lack of information and being unwilling to consider a multitude of other possibilities is exactly what I would call lazy. But to your point, it is entirely possible that taking such a simple approach could have other adjectives that apply as well.

Your example that a poster may wish to blame a highly paid coach rather than a player is interesting and one that I fully agree with. There is an understandable unease in seeming to attack an 18-24 year old kid as either a problem. The problem is, this practice relies on "equity" rather than truth to identify the underlying source of failure. It may very well be that the player IS part of or all of the problem. If you simply blame the coach simply to avoid looking like you are being critical of a kid, then it is quite possible the true source of the problem may be completely missed. That is not to say I endorse beating up on kids on this forum. I'm just saying that calling a coach a buddy hire because you feel your hands are tied regarding being criticism of players is......... well, intellectually lazy. A more robust argument would be to explain why that coach is a bad coach. What are they doing or failing to do to teach these players. The problem there, of course, is almost no one here goes to practices or has the kind of inside information necessary to truly evaluate the worth of any of these coaches.

Full disclosure, I deal with creating and defending legal arguments for a living. So, I tend to look at arguments such as "a coach has hired his buddy" as a weaker argument than the average person might. Nonetheless, I will let others conclude whether my posts which I explain the positions I take are "lazy". Quite the opposite, I personally feel my posts are often overly analytical in a forum where the actual analysis is usually paper thin. But perhaps my perception is incorrect.

Thank you for helping me explain why people make this whole "buddy hire" argument. I appreciate your inputs to the discussion.

I'm confused about the whole "needs space" and time.
Quite frankly if pisses me off. Stop acting like a teenager and take the job or don't waste my time (imo)
It was posted earlier in the thread, my guess is he's already a done deal. Dana didn't want to be bothered for a bit. Think month long vacation, on a remote island somewhere warm, would be my guess.

It was posted earlier in the thread, my guess is he's already a done deal. Dana didn't want to be bothered for a bit. Think month long vacation, on a remote island somewhere warm, would be my guess
I would think they'd want to announce it well before Feb 7 and say effective Apr 2 (or whatever.) I keep thinking the longer this goes on, the less likely it will happen.

We might learn more as soon as the Steelers are eliminated.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back