• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Culp's Final FG Was Good

The most critical view is from underneath the upright. They had no view there. I wonder if the replay cameras cover that?

It would not surprise me if the ref called it no good as an FY to DONU & Frost.
Frost had the ultimate FY in return when he pointed out the scoreboard. ;)

Have you seen our offense? We really need the practice.......:)

I get what you're saying but our kids need reps, if they don't want us to score they need to stop us.
If it was the other way around we'd be screaming bloody murder.

Has anyone ever seen the referees miss a call like this at the collegiate level or above? I don't think I've ever seen that.

(I thought I saw it go through the uprights too)

Are there videos of the kick that can be posted here? I can’t find any.

FWIW if the kick is “above” the upright, the entire ball must pass within the upright for the kick to be good. If any part of the ball would “touch” the “extended” upright, the kick is no good. Only the official directly beneath the upright could make a judgement on a close kick.

It was certainly very close and may indeed have been good if judged correctly. That said, the kick from that distance should be a little closer to center to remove any possibility for a questionable call. It was not a well-placed kick, though it is supposed to count if it goes in between the uprigths and over the crossbar.
through the up rights is all that matters. How much left or right shouldnt.

I don't think it's paranoia. Twenty-one straight conference games without a holding call? Khalil and Carlos Davis both made NFL rosters, yet they were never, ever held in league play? Mmm-hmm. Riiiiiigggghhhht.
You mean like this holding non-call on Farmer on an attempted FG?! Not sure what the MAC boys were watching, but this is holding at its finest!
F96AB681-0DD3-4813-93F1-BBC3F5F7D597.jpeg

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back