• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Culp's Final FG Was Good

Exactly.
Hit a bunch of chip shots. No faith in anything beyond 45, if that

No faith at this point for anything within 45. :(

I really hope he can figure it out soon because I can only imagine how frustrated he must be. It is definitely starting to show in the games with his reactions.

Last edited:
I have a buddy whose seats are about 10 rows up behind those goal posts. I reached out to him for his thoughts from his vantage point.

Rewatched the game and the kick was within the left upright

How they waived that off is baffling
It was certainly very close and may indeed have been good if judged correctly. That said, the kick from that distance should be a little closer to center to remove any possibility for a questionable call. It was not a well-placed kick, though it is supposed to count if it goes in between the uprigths and over the crossbar.

It was certainly very close and may indeed have been good if judged correctly. That said, the kick from that distance should be a little closer to center to remove any possibility for a questionable call. It was not a well-placed kick, though it is supposed to count if it goes in between the uprigths and over the crossbar.

It was good

There was no doubt watching it

Now I'm going to have to go down and re-watch it for my own sake.
Oof..my recording stopped at the 1:50 mark...

Last edited:
As I said in previous posts, this team has more to overcome than injury, youth and mistakes. We have seen some officiating that is beyond crappy and one-sided. Who else goes 21 straight games without a conference opponent being called for offensive holding on a pass play? Can anyone show me another team with a similar or worse stat? No, you can't. It's unprecedented, and it doesn't just happen without some extreme form of bias being at its root. Nebraska fans haven't exactly been shy about calling out dishonest and/or incompetent officiating, and I think our officiating crews genuinely resent it. The more you call them out for their lousy work product, the more blatant their horrible calls become.

As I said in previous posts, this team has more to overcome than injury, youth and mistakes. We have seen some officiating that is beyond crappy and one-sided. Who else goes 21 straight games without a conference opponent being called for offensive holding on a pass play? Can anyone show me another team with a similar or worse stat? No, you can't. It's unprecedented, and it doesn't just happen without some extreme form of bias being at its root. Nebraska fans haven't exactly been shy about calling out dishonest and/or incompetent officiating, and I think our officiating crews genuinely resent it. The more you call them out for their lousy work product, the more blatant their horrible calls become.
I don't like to get into conspiracy theories and blaming officials, but there seems to be something there. Literally 3 TDs were called back, and for good measure the officials then ruled a FG wide that many are saying should have been good. Oh, and Daniels gets a 15-yard penalty for not playing freeze tag when his helmet came off.

In a similar vain, replay reviews very rarely work in our favor. At least it seems that way... maybe it's just paranoia that goes along with 6+ years of really bad football.

Now I'm going to have to go down and re-watch it for my own sake.
Okay, I've rewatched it several times and I just disagree that it was clearly good. Those of us that watched the game here in NY saw the live televised version and none of us started cheering. We were waiting for the refs to signal. On the replay, we all agreed it was very difficult to tell, but it did seem to slip inside the upright.

If you watch the replay, you'll see that not a lot of fans sitting behind the goal posts even reacted, so many of them were unsure as well.

My buddy got back to me. He watched it from 10 rows behind the goal posts and said nobody knew if it was good or not. He mentioned what I stated in another thread...on television, we only get a direct on view of the kick. We don't have the advantage of looking straight up the uprights as the officials do. So what can happen, which is what I think happened on this kick, is that the ball cleared the top of the upright in the air. On TV it looked to be good because it ended up inside the upright from our vantage point. But we don't know at what point in the flight of that ball that it ended up "inside the upright". It may have appeared inside the upright AFTER having passed over the upright, but not BEFORE passing the upright. Make sense? This is exactly why officials stand below each of the uprights. My buddy said nobody around him knew if it was good or not because the flight it took and the angle with which it flew over the upright was so tough to judge, that only an official standing directly under the upright would have known if the ball was actually "inside the upright" when it passed "over the upright".

Hope that makes sense. It's a bit confusing for me to even type. All in all, it doesn't matter, as we won. Just glad it didn't come down to that call. :)

I don't like to get into conspiracy theories and blaming officials, but there seems to be something there. Literally 3 TDs were called back, and for good measure the officials then ruled a FG wide that many are saying should have been good. Oh, and Daniels gets a 15-yard penalty for not playing freeze tag when his helmet came off.

In a similar vain, replay reviews very rarely work in our favor. At least it seems that way... maybe it's just paranoia that goes along with 6+ years of really bad football.

I am one of the last guys to blast refs but these guys were horrible in over their head

Luckily it did not cost us the game

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back