• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Culp's Final FG Was Good

It appeared to me it was good as well and I've watched the replay and slowed it down. The problem is with the camera angle and the path the ball took to get there. It could very well be somewhat of an optical illusion as the ball is above the highest point of the upright. Really hard for me to be adamant about it, but it certainly seems to me like it was good.

It appeared to me it was good as well and I've watched the replay and slowed it down. The problem is with the camera angle and the path the ball took to get there. It could very well be somewhat of an optical illusion as the ball is above the highest point of the upright. Really hard for me to be adamant about it, but it certainly seems to me like it was good.

It was very close, maybe if he'd been 2-2 on earlier attempts vice 0-2 the referees might have seen it differently?

Either way, we now have an All-Conference kicker who seems to have developed a serious case of the yips.

Last edited:
Have you seen our offense? We really need the practice.......:)

I get what you're saying but our kids need reps, if they don't want us to score they need to stop us.
Yep, so why not just run another play... a run play. They need practice on those. I do understand the kicker needs to get his mojo back too. It just has a desperate feel to it when they are lining up for a field goal at this juncture of the game. That's just me though.

That was my impression as well.

Also, I didn't understand the illegal forward pass penalty on the TD right before that.

I watched it this AM and it was good

The forward pass incident looking at it again is close and debatable not quite as definite like the FG which was well inside the left upright

Last edited:
It was very close, maybe if he'd been 2-2 on earlier attempts vice 0-2 the referees might have seen it differently?

Either way, we now have an All-Conference kicker who seems to have developed a serious case of the yips.
Yeah. I posted somewhere else that the All-Conference is a bit misleading. Across the conference, it was a bad year overall for kickers last year. Culp made a bunch of routine short and mid-range fg's last year and that's what won him that title. There was nothing real special about what he did. Not taking away from his accomplishments or anything. Just explaining that the title given to him was a bit misleading for a couple reasons.

Yep, so why not just run another play... a run play. They need practice on those. I do understand the kicker needs to get his mojo back too. It just has a desperate feel to it when they are lining up for a field goal at this juncture of the game. That's just me though.

The FG attempt was definitely an attempt to give Culp a chance to knock one through and gain some confidence. We're going to need him going forward so I have no issue with that either.

Yeah. I posted somewhere else that the All-Conference is a bit misleading. Across the conference, it was a bad year overall for kickers last year. Culp made a bunch of routine short and mid-range fg's last year and that's what won him that title. There was nothing real special about what he did. Not taking away from his accomplishments or anything. Just explaining that the title given to him was a bit misleading for a couple reasons.
Exactly.
Hit a bunch of chip shots. No faith in anything beyond 45, if that

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back