• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Could Nebraska be talked into returning to the Big 12?

Count me in as liking the idea of OU and KU for the B1G, assuming Notre Dame will never be lured in. 12 for basketball, 1 for football. Don't want to make the football slate murderers row. Also, would be nice to establish and easy travel road game again.

Count me in as liking the idea of OU and KU for the B1G, assuming Notre Dame will never be lured in. 12 for basketball, 1 for football. Don't want to make the football slate murderers row. Also, would be nice to establish and easy travel road game again.
I like the idea of OU in the B1G but they abandoned us and our rivalry when the B12 was formed opting for continuity in the Texas series. Additionally them joining the B1G would not only force them to move away from Texas but Ok State as well. I don't see it happening unless UT abandoned them ... which is unlikely because any move to the PAC12 or SEC would require minimum of 2 teams to go.

I'm agreeing with everything else you said, but I'm not remembering what you're referencing when you say "threats." Help a fella understand.

I'm not sure what he's referring to, but the Big 12, presumably at Texas' behest, demanded that Nebraska firmly commit to staying in the conference (while Texas and the other southern schools were negotiating with the Pac 10, which Nebraska knew about). Texas thought Nebraska wouldn't get a BIG offer, so the implied threat was "commit or we blow up the conference, leaving you with nothing." It turns out that was a bit of a bluff, but the threat scared the hell out of Perlman and Osborn, leading Perlman to call Delaney to say it's now or never.

NO!!! THE BIG 12 morphed into, "BIG TEXASSSSS AND THE 11 "DWARFS!" When the refs put 1 second back on the clock in our Big 12 CC game, I was done with the Big 12!!!!!!!

With ULTIMATE RESPECT for D.TownHskr., he advised having 8 in the Western Div. of the Big 10 and 7 in the Eastern Div., if my math is correct? Take KU in the West and put NW in the Eastern Div., I don't want OKIE in the BIG10. "nuff" said!

They need to REVIVE THE OLD S.W. CONF. and go into D2 football conference. I do want BEER AT ALL NU ATH. EVENTS, not just f.ball.

There does need to be a "law," that if you are "in" as a member of an athletic conf., you need/have to play ALL SPORTS against those conf. foes. I am so tired for generations that folks in the conferences "worshipped" at the "altar" of ND. The ACC allows nd to play hockey in the Big10 conf. (and the B10 allows it) and be independent in football.

No. Academic side has produced too many benefits that would not come with BIG 12. There should not be an assumption that the university would give those up so that the football team can play Oklahoma each year.

Interesting that it was the Big 12 conference, out of other Power 5 conferences, that got pummeled when other conferences decided to go after "cable boxes". Doubt anything can coax those schools to go back in the Big 12 when little has changed there.

I'm not sure what he's referring to, but the Big 12, presumably at Texas' behest, demanded that Nebraska firmly commit to staying in the conference (while Texas and the other southern schools were negotiating with the Pac 10, which Nebraska knew about). Texas thought Nebraska wouldn't get a BIG offer, so the implied threat was "commit or we blow up the conference, leaving you with nothing." It turns out that was a bit of a bluff, but the threat scared the hell out of Perlman and Osborn, leading Perlman to call Delaney to say it's now or never.
Link?

I loved the Big 8, tolerate the Big Texas and cant stand the B1G.

Having said that, I’m good.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back