• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Coaches Poll Out: Huskers Stay at 14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bottom line is Ohio State did the deed and now they are suffering the cosnsequences....you can what if all you want....if we win the Big Ten title we win it fair and square...Ohio State did not play by the rules...thats there hard luck.....so I won't shed one tear or feel the least bit like we did not deserve it.....so Thill is right what he wrote...and FWIW I would feel the same way if it were us that had cheated....

As I said, I understand why the fans feel that way. I guarantee you the Wisconsin or Nebraska players won't be saying that too loudly, however. They know within the players' community that OSU has the bragging rights.

But hey, Michigan may beat OSU this weekend. That changes everything. NU, UM and OSU all with one conference loss and all beat each other. Then, if NU beats Wisky, you've got yourselves a cleaner championship.

Last edited:

Nothing to brag about when you cheated....so I disagree...they did it to themselves...and I guarantee you allot of the players who may not have done it knew what was going on....

Its already Clean....Nebraska and Wisconsin played by the rules Ohio State did not....you can spin it anyway you want....they cheated its the bottom line...

As I said, I understand why the fans feel that way. I guarantee you the Wisconsin or Nebraska players won't be saying that too loudly, however. They know within the players' community that OSU has the bragging rights.

But hey, Michigan may beat OSU this weekend. That changes everything. NU, UM and OSU all with one conference loss and all beat each other. Then, if NU beats Wisky, you've got yourselves a cleaner championship.

Here is the thing, it's not a nebraska thing, its a college football thing. Sure people debated the 93' Auburn team and played the what ifs but most people who follow college football end up back at the same realization. That Auburn team didn't exist. They cheated. They were not eligible. Nobody was seriously touting them over a 1 loss FSU national champ. They did the crime they did the time.

Same thing applies here. Nobody can take the undefeated season away from Ohio State. They did it. At the same time, most people outside of Columbus Ohio don't give flip about Ohio State being undefeated. To me this is what is wrong with college football and bowl bans and whatnot. Espn, and all the other media outlets do a disservice to the sport by talking about these teams the minute their season ends. Nobody cares about them. They did it to themselves and have nobody to blame but themselves. As far as I am concerned the minute they play their last game against Michigan, they should go away until next year. They don't deserve the exposure they will get when the media starts the whole what if thing.

The winner of the BIG championship game will get the trophy in their case and OSU will get fake rings. At least they wont be tempted to sell those, nobody will want them.

You could argue there are different degrees of cheating...what OSU did was bad, but as far as competitive advantage wise they gained nothing...I am just glad they screwed up and didnt take the ban last year

You could argue there are different degrees of cheating...what OSU did was bad, but as far as competitive advantage wise they gained nothing...I am just glad they screwed up and didnt take the ban last year

with that weasel Tressel at the helm, no telling what they got away with. just saying.,,

Now that is funny....

Here is the thing, it's not a nebraska thing, its a college football thing. Sure people debated the 93' Auburn team and played the what ifs but most people who follow college football end up back at the same realization. That Auburn team didn't exist. They cheated. They were not eligible. Nobody was seriously touting them over a 1 loss FSU national champ. They did the crime they did the time.

Same thing applies here. Nobody can take the undefeated season away from Ohio State. They did it. At the same time, most people outside of Columbus Ohio don't give flip about Ohio State being undefeated. To me this is what is wrong with college football and bowl bans and whatnot. Espn, and all the other media outlets do a disservice to the sport by talking about these teams the minute their season ends. Nobody cares about them. They did it to themselves and have nobody to blame but themselves. As far as I am concerned the minute they play their last game against Michigan, they should go away until next year. They don't deserve the exposure they will get when the media starts the whole what if thing.

The winner of the BIG championship game will get the trophy in their case and OSU will get fake rings. At least they wont be tempted to sell those, nobody will want them.

Wisky or NU matches up better with the Cardinal than tOSU.

:confused:

Yes, that 4-TD win by OSU was a fluke. NU's late game 3 point wins over a bunch of Big Ten rummies has got everyone around the country shaking in their boots about having the play the mighty Huskers (or the mighty Badgers whose 2012 version is much weaker than the 2010 and 2011 versions that went 0-2 in the Rose). As things now stand, OSU is better this year and would be a more imposing opponent for anybody. Live with it.

But you are right to the extent that OSU is not a great team this year. The fact that they could go undefeated to this point just shows how very weak the Big Ten is this year.

Last edited:

The Michigan/Nebraska/Wisconsin game winner will be the de jure conference champ, but it will have a hollowness to it if Ohio State beats Michigan and becomes the de facto conference champ.
No one is going to remember OSU as the conference champ a year or two from now.

Additionally they (OSU) would actually have to play in a CCG to even be considered ... the championship game rematch between OSU and NU I think would be much better to watch a second time around!

Hey, no reason to get testy, I'm sure the Cardinal will actually win something sometime,... maybe.:) And when they actually do, come on over and tell us all about it while your hanging up asterisks. Good luck on saturday, Stanford is favored. Shouldn't be a fluke if they win.
:confused:

Yes, that 4-TD win by OSU was a fluke. NU's late game 3 point wins over a bunch of Big Ten rummies has got everyone around the country shaking in their boots about having the play the mighty Huskers (or the mighty Badgers whose 2012 version is much weaker than the 2010 and 2011 versions that went 0-2 in the Rose). As things now stand, OSU is better this year and would be a more imposing opponent for anybody. Live with it.

But you are right to the extent that OSU is not a great team this year. The fact that they could go undefeated to this point just shows how very weak the Big Ten is this year.

Hey, no reason to get testy, I'm sure the Cardinal will actually win something sometime,... maybe.:) And when they actually do, come on over and tell us all about it while your hanging up asterisks. Good luck on saturday, Stanford is favored. Shouldn't be a fluke if they win.

The Cardinal win more than any other institution in the country and have for each of the last 18 years now. Consider yourself told. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back