• You do not need to register if you are not going to pay the yearly fee to post. If you register please click here or log in go to "settings" then "my account" then "User Upgrades" and you can renew.

HuskerMax readers can save 50% on  Omaha Steaks .

Locked due to no posts in 60 days. Report 1st post if need unlocked Coaches Poll Out: Huskers Stay at 14

Status
Not open for further replies.

meh,,,,,14 is probably correct. We could beat some of the teams in front of us and we could easily lose to them as well. If we can win the BIG, we will be in the top 10 headed to the Rose, from there could be interesting to see where this team could finish in final poll? 7 or 8?

If we win the CCG and we are #10 headed to the rose bowl we have a great shot at #5 especially if we win convincingly. You have to remember that top 10 teams will likely be in the BCS games against each other. So half the teams ahead of us will probably lose so we could get very high by the end of the season. We still would have to beat Iowa, a very good chance. But Wisconsin played well against OSU we will have to bring our A game to win that one. Then we should be up against UCLA or Stanford, both teams we can beat but we have to again play a very good game or we will get beat. I would rather play Stanford because they have a higher ranking and will only help us in the polls.

Next weeks game will not help us....except for the fact that it is the only game on tv.....it is a must win...and without style points, we may even drop in both polls. I hope not...we can't move up unless others lose or we win the B1G. The top 10 seems like it will be tough to crack unless we win out. Which we need to do! :Biggrin:

If we win out and win the Rose bowl we will be in the top ten, Guarenteed!!

Next weeks game will not help us....except for the fact that it is the only game on tv.....it is a must win...and without style points, we may even drop in both polls. I hope not...we can't move up unless others lose or we win the B1G. The top 10 seems like it will be tough to crack unless we win out. Which we need to do! :Biggrin:

Last weeks win for Mich over Iowa helped them to the tune of 3 spots.... just sayin'

If we win the CCG and we are #10 headed to the rose bowl we have a great shot at #5 especially if we win convincingly. You have to remember that top 10 teams will likely be in the BCS games against each other. So half the teams ahead of us will probably lose so we could get very high by the end of the season. We still would have to beat Iowa, a very good chance. But Wisconsin played well against OSU we will have to bring our A game to win that one. Then we should be up against UCLA or Stanford, both teams we can beat but we have to again play a very good game or we will get beat. I would rather play Stanford because they have a higher ranking and will only help us in the polls.

If my choices were between Stanford and UCLA I would have to take UCLA. The revenge factor would be nice. Secondly, I think it would give us a look at how much improvement we have made over the year. I think Stanford would be a tough, tough game for us. They remind me of another red and white team that beat people up physically in the 90's and were extremely well coached. ;)

It will feel like a home game!:)either way.

If my choices were between Stanford and UCLA I would have to take UCLA. The revenge factor would be nice. Secondly, I think it would give us a look at how much improvement we have made over the year. I think Stanford would be a tough, tough game for us. They remind me of another red and white team that beat people up physically in the 90's and were extremely well coached. ;)

I think if we win out we make the top ten easy; maybe 5th or 6th. Set up nice for next year's conference champ repeat.

The Michigan/Nebraska/Wisconsin game winner will be the de jure conference champ, but it will have a hollowness to it if Ohio State beats Michigan and becomes the de facto conference champ.

Last edited:

No it won't:Biggrin: Can't blame the Huskers because the Buckeyes traded a rematch for a MOM tattoo. But go ahead if you want to. Who would you rather play if Stanford gets to the Rose Bowl? 11-2 Huskers or 12-0 Buckeyes?

The Michigan/Nebraska/Wisconsin game winner will be the de jure conference champ, but it will have a hollowness to it if Ohio State beats Michigan and becomes the de facto conference champ.

Not really. They should have followed the rules. Maybe Nebraska beats them the second time around, but we'll never know because they couldn't get their crap together off the field.

No it won't:Biggrin: Can't blame the Huskers because the Buckeyes traded a rematch for a MOM tattoo. But go ahead if you want to. Who would you rather play if Stanford gets to the Rose Bowl? 11-2 Huskers or 12-0 Buckeyes?

Buckeyes. Higher ranked. Better team. Would be a better game.

Not really. They should have followed the rules. Maybe Nebraska beats them the second time around, but we'll never know because they couldn't get their crap together off the field.

I know how you guys feel about it, and that is understandable. Just telling you how third parties are likely looking at it, despite the name that gets carved on the trophy.

Last edited:

Bottom line is Ohio State did the deed and now they are suffering the cosnsequences....you can what if all you want....if we win the Big Ten title we win it fair and square...Ohio State did not play by the rules...thats there hard luck.....so I won't shed one tear or feel the least bit like we did not deserve it.....so Thill is right what he wrote...and FWIW I would feel the same way if it were us that had cheated....

I know how you guys feel about it, and that is understandable. Just telling you how third parties are likely looking at it, despite the name that gets carved on the trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET TICKETS

Get 50% off on Omaha Steaks

Back